How is your tuning stability? How is the reliablility of the trem?

I have an on Sabre and im looking to upgrade to a bubinga or maple capped s series possibly. My main priority is tuning stability, hence why i blocked off the crappy trem on the sabre but if the ZR is very stable and reliable ill go for that
I really like the ZR trem, a little less range when compaired to an OFR for example. But the reliability is top notch, plus the zero point device ensures that you're still in tune even if a string breaks
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
I really like the ZR trem, a little less range when compaired to an OFR for example. But the reliability is top notch, plus the zero point device ensures that you're still in tune even if a string breaks

so how often would you say you go out of tune? And if you do that herman li style crap do you go out (not that i want to just to get an indication of the tuning stability).
^ You can go crazy with it and it'll stay in tune. If it's set up well, the tuning stability is very good. And if you don't do that stuff (I don't) it stays in tune for ages. Plus it has screws on the bridge for smaller adjustments when it goes slightly out.

The only problem I've ever had is the part that holds the tremolo arm in breaking, which is a pretty common problem with the ZR, but you can just replace the part with a standard Floyd Rose part.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Nov 9, 2009,
I like it. It's a great trem, but I think now that I have played both. I would choose an OFR over it.

The ZR has less range, and I haven't used the Stop Bar at all since I bought the guitar.

And OFR's just feel smoother to me...

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
so how often would you say you go out of tune? And if you do that herman li style crap do you go out (not that i want to just to get an indication of the tuning stability).

When it's set-up correctley, none. But the same can be said with an OFR.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Nov 9, 2009,
It's perfect imo. I can do Steve Vai-esque stuff with it and not a single not out of tune
Go for it.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by biga29
I like it. It's a great trem, but I think now that I have played both. I would choose an OFR over it.

The ZR has less range, and I haven't used the Stop Bar at all since I bought the guitar.

And OFR's just feel smoother to me...

When it's set-up correctley, none. But the same can be said with an OFR.

ive never tried an OFR which guitars have them?

also ive used OFR copies, and i dont like how far the trem sticks out.