I play a washburn with EMGs and, while it's a lovely guitar, it doesn't handle cleans all that well. I'm looking for something that will handle blues/rock cleans and dirtier stuff aswell.

Humbuckers are preferable but i'm open to single coils, not keen on strats though.

Will go second hand.

Price range is around £350
Quote by britishsligean
epiphone les paul standard

Cheers but i just got rid of one that i didn't really get on with. What are Dots like?
if you're willing to go second-hand, keep an eye out for 90s patrick eggles. the ones with kent armstrongs could probably use a pickup swap, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you'd need a pickup swap with that to get nice cleans, if i remember correctly the stock ones are fairly poor and sterile-sounding. also it's probably of lower quality than his current guitar, which is rarely a good idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you'd need a pickup swap with that to get nice cleans, if i remember correctly the stock ones are fairly poor and sterile-sounding. also it's probably of lower quality than his current guitar, which is rarely a good idea.

Which guitar is this about?
Quote by matt_0_5
Which guitar is this about?

woops, sorry, i meant the ibanez rg321 in the post above mine.

Quote by Baby Joel
Get a Washburn without EMG's. WI66-Pro, X50 Pro.

i had thought of that, but assumed he might like a change. I know i like my guitars to be as different as possible, but everyone's different.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I read the OP wrong. I thought he said he had played Washburns (Like in stores or something). Wow, my bad TS.
You might want to check out some of Tokai's lower end models. They have some Les Pauls and a few SG's in that price range.