Ive been reading online that the C major scale consists of certain chords like C dm and so forth. I cant remember what they are at the moment but that was the basic idea. Is there a certain pattern to chords being within keys? For example, what are the chords related to the B major scale? I might have phrased it awfully but if you have a clue as to what I'm saying please give it a shot. It would be loads of help!
The C major scale is harmonized to produce the chords that belong to the key of C major.

C D E F G A B = C major scale.

C D E F G A B
E F G A B C D
G A B C D E F = harmonized C major scale (in thirds is how we do it)

CEG = C
DFA = Dm
EGB = Em
FAC = F
GBD = G
ACE = Am
BDF = Bdim

So B major is B C# D# E F# G# A# B.

This produces B, C#m, D#m, E, F#, G#m and A#dim.
All you need to remeber is the I, IV, and V chords are major the rest are minor except the seventh one
Ok so let me get this straight. Since the C major scale doesn't have any sharps or flats we have to harmonize it to get the chords that belong within it? But since the B major scale already has sharps and flats we can already tell what chords belong in it?

What I'm noticing though is that the chords are going through a certain pattern. For example it looks to me like the B major scale and the C major scale are still going through this pattern. I don't know if that's what I should call it but here is the "pattern" I see: It begins with a normal note and then two minor chords then two unaltered chords then a minor chord and finally a diminished. Is that a pattern that all major scales have in common when they're put into chords?

If that didn't make sense I'll try to rephrase it.
^yes, for triads in the major scale:

I: major
II: minor
III: minor
IV: major
V: major
VI: minor
VII: diminished

none of it has to do with whether there are sharp or flat notes
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
I: major
II: minor
III: minor
IV: major
V: major
VI: minor
VII: diminished

The convention we use for Roman Numerals is to only capitalise them for major chords.

I, ii, iii, IV, V, vi and vii would be used for a major key (vii° if you can be bothered to get the symbol).
^oh right, it's been a while since i learned this >_<
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.