I'm a big gearhead as far as creating unique sounds with 10+ pedals, etc., but lately I've decided to strip down and start fresh. My biggest influence right now is John Mayer, so I want to capture that tone which I'm pretty close to.

I want to cut back to only 5 pedals for a while to achieve John's basic tone.

I play an '08 Am. Std. Strat w/ Custom Shop 69s into a Hot Rod Deluxe w/ Jensen ceramic replacement speaker, stock Groove Tubes, etc.

How would I arrange an MXR Dyna Comp (always on, it's pure clean blues), Boss DD-7 Delay, Boss TU-2 Tuner, JH-1B Dunlop Hendrix Wah, and Maxon OD9 Tube Screamer?

I want to have a clean tone almost always, with the TS used for only soloing (for the most part), slight analog simulator delay on for solos, and wah pretty expressive a la Mayer's solo for "Good Love Is On the Way" on the Where the Light Is DVD.

If the compressor is always on, where should it be in relation to the wah; before or after?

And the OD after the compressor?

Where would the buffer circuit in the tuner be best?

Thanks in advance, guys.
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

- Stephen King, The Stand
Tuner first or seperate via dry out or something?
Comp
Wah
Tube Screamer
Delay

Its always best to try things out in different arrangements for yourself
Quote by MightyAl
Could be worse. Though from time to time, I would like to shoot them with rocket-propelled chainsaws.
That seems like a pretty good setup idea; I'll try that after work. Gracias, friend.