i've had these parts sitting around for quite a while, and when my dad came to visit yesterday i decided i'd get him to help me out with the wiring and electronics. i was so nervous i would screw something up (never done anything but minor repairs) that i waited until my dad the electrician could help me out.

the specs: ash body with a single f-hole. the electronics are pretty simple, so perfect for me. just a volume knob and 3 way blade switch for the pickups. may end up switching that to a 5 way switch to get the most out of the p90 later though. has a dimarzio virtual p90 in the neck and a super distortion in the bridge. the neck is 25.5" scale purpleheart wood with an ebony fretboard. schaller mini locking tuners.

now to the pictures!

and my custom neck plate

anyway, the whole thing went together pretty smoothly. i accidentally stripped a few screws, and screwed up the string ferrules, but that was all stuff i should have taken my time with more and they were really just stupid mistakes. i'd recommend a warmoth to anybody! this is one hell of a guitar, and easily the best one i've laid my hands on yet
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Looks great. I'd suggest you paint the head to match though.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fantasyh

It should be against the law to paint over woods like purple heart.
Quote by Matt420740
That is just beautiful. Is the body a warmoth as well?

yep! both pieces are from warmoth. their quality is definitely everything i've heard it would be. top notch! even the frets on the neck didn't need filling. the nut could use it, but i was too excited to do that now haha

Quote by fantasyh

i've definitely thought about this, too. but i love the look of purpleheart! and i might end up putting another neck on this someday down the road, so i don't want to do anything to the neck that might look weird on a different guitar.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
That is honestly one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. HNGD. Where do you live so I can steal it?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Mmm... That looks great. Probably sounds great to.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
So simple. Simplicity is beauty. HNGD
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Very nice, HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Less is more. This rules.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
beautiful omg ima steal that xD
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
That is just awesome! Happy New Guitar Day
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Hawt

BTW, sweet Chucks.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
That looks fantastic. How's the neck feel?
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
That looks fantastic. How's the neck feel?

the neck definitely feels great! the purpleheart is so smooth though. i almost feel like it defeats the purpose of getting an exotic neck haha just because it's about as smooth as any finished neck would be. i'm definitely a fan though.

and i was worried about the body not being able to balance, but i think the purpleheart neck really balances with the ash body pretty well! no strap buttons on it yet, but from just holding it i can almost tell. i was so worried about the guitar being neck heavy.

Quote by LifeIsABullet16
the neck definitely feels great! the purpleheart is so smooth though. i almost feel like it defeats the purpose of getting an exotic neck haha just because it's about as smooth as any finished neck would be. i'm definitely a fan though.

and i was worried about the body not being able to balance, but i think the purpleheart neck really balances with the ash body pretty well! no strap buttons on it yet, but from just holding it i can almost tell. i was so worried about the guitar being neck heavy.

It looks like it'd feel and sound like maple. True?
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Oh. God damn. I'm going to have to build one now.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Absolutely hate the fretboard, and interestingly, I would think the neck feels fantastic.

Strange how that works. Darn radii and woods.
How much did that cost in total? I'm seriously GASing for one like yours (with a tele or jazzmaster body). Congrats on the sweet guitar, dude!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
It looks like it'd feel and sound like maple. True?

yeah, thats an extremely close comparison. my hands sweat when i'm playing, and it seems to completely repel any moisture. i HATE glossy neck finishes when my hands sweat, and so far i'm loving it!

Quote by Plexi81
Absolutely hate the fretboard, and interestingly, I would think the neck feels fantastic.

yeah, i wasn't sure what i would think of an ebony fretboard to be honest. i've tried them, but never owned a guitar with one. hate to say it, but i think i prefer rosewood. but it feels great anyway! and i think rosewood on purpleheart would look very strange...

Quote by Sid McCall
How much did that cost in total? I'm seriously GASing for one like yours

i bought all the pieces a while ago (about 6 months, i think) and bought both the neck and body in the showcase. so they were both already built, and i just ordered the neck with the fret size i wanted, and ordered the body with the pickup routes i wanted. both were in the mail pretty quickly! anyway, i think the neck was about $300, and the body close to $400. give or take $50 or so. not including the bridge and tuners and pickups. not too bad! i think if i had bought a guitar from a company already assembled i bet something like this would have gone for $1500 to $2000.

Quote by MrFlibble
Oh. God damn. I'm going to have to build one now.
Shouldn't you be taking a break after that goldtop Les Paul? Lordy.
I would've gone with black tuners personally, but still a damn fine guitar. HNGD.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by James13v
I would've gone with black tuners personally, but still a damn fine guitar. HNGD.

yeah, i had one idea at first (a warmoth VIP with chrome hardware) then switched to a strat with black hardware. the neck and tuners came first so it looks a little confused. i'll end up replacing either the bridge or the tuners eventually, but i can't decide which yet haha

Quote by LifeIsABullet16
yeah, i had one idea at first (a warmoth VIP with chrome hardware) then switched to a strat with black hardware. the neck and tuners came first so it looks a little confused. i'll end up replacing either the bridge or the tuners eventually, but i can't decide which yet haha

I recommend changing out the tuners

I reckon it would contrast better with the black body and purpleheart headstock.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Nov 13, 2009,
Looks beautiful!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these: