A moderator decided to lock my thread because it was placed in Musician Talk. I wanted more answers, so here's the post again, this time in the right forum.

I want to learn My First Solo(TM). The past week and a half i've learnt a few Iron Maiden songs, but i've always left out the solo's. I want to learn a solo now, but I want to start off with something easier. Maybe something like AC/DC. Can you guys recommend me a good solo that is good for starting off with soloing?
You shook me all night long by ACDC is the first solo i learnt. I then went on to learnt he trooper by iron maiden, that is a very fun solo to play
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Highway to Hell - AC/DC
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd.

That was the first one I learned, anyway.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by steven seagull
Highway to Hell - AC/DC

I tried that solo. I dislike playing it. When you play it slow, it just seems like lots of random notes.
Quote by charlie__flynn
You shook me all night long by ACDC is the first solo i learnt. I then went on to learnt he trooper by iron maiden, that is a very fun solo to play

You Shook Me All Night Long? I'll look at it. I wanted to play the The Trooper solo as well, and the Aces High solo.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Erm.. Yeah great.

Stick to something in the minor pentatonic TS. In one position is your best bet.
I was going to recommend something off the 1st or 2nd Black Sabbath album but I remembered how hard that was for me when I was just starting out.

Black Sabbath, eh? I'll check it out. I'm not a full-on beginner, and have been playing guitar for three years, but i've never ever played a full solo.

The first thing I'd suggest you do is set up a nice lead tone, if you've only rhythm your vibrato is going to sound horrible. So I'd look that up first.

Working on it

And start off everything SLOWLY, you've probably heard it a million times. But remember if you can't play it slow, what are the chances you play it fast and cleanly?

Yes I did hear it a lot, and it's also been very valuable advice
Quote by robinlint
I tried that solo. I dislike playing it. When you play it slow, it just seems like lots of random notes.

whenever its played up to speed it still sounds like a bunch of random notes!
learn a solo that you actually know the melodic content to (one you can sing in your head),

if i was to choose a acdc one it would be moneytalks or shook me all night long...
Quote by robinlint

Any solo sounds like that when you play it too slow - that's the part where you're learning to play it, you can never just "play" a solo, its always going to sound like crap at the beginning.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by robinlint

that's how many solos are going to sound when you play them slow and they use the minor pentatonic scale.

i'd recommend learning solo licks and getting those up to speed, and then try to tackle a rock solo. look up rock licks, and they may sound 'random' when you are learning them slowly but once you speed it up and put it in context you will be surprised how cool it sounds.
The first solo i learned was Wish you were here

On electric it was Whole lotta love by Zep.
Hmm the first solo I learned was Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Only like 10 notes, very short, bends, and feeling. Another one that I learned recently is Guardians of asgaard - Amon Amarth...fairly simple...few bends, h-on p-off, and again..feeling.
Gamertag: ThruEyesOfDeath
Games: CoD4, GoW2, RB2, MW2
First full solo I learned was Crazy Train. But before I got around to learning it I had learned pieces of a lot of different solos. Crazy Train's a good one, it's got easy tapping, pentatonics and a little Aeolian.