Hello Lads & Ladies :

Im currently looking to but a new amp - my budget is roughly €800-€1000 ($1200-1500 USD and $1265-1580 CAD)

I play a lot of music from : pop/punk ( blink-182 - amber pacific) , punk ( ramones, anti-flag , black flag , Bad religion ) classic rock (AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Nirvana ) to Modern day stuff (like Foo Fighters , Billy Talent , Rise against etc ) So , im sort of lookin for an amp that can do all of these .

I was looking at Mesa single or Dual rectifiers as most of the bands I listen to use them or Have used them. However , as living in Ireland Mesas are v.expensive and there arent alot of them second-hand .
So im wondering would i be better of buying a Marshall e.g. DSL,TSL or JCM ?

IM willing to go used but as ive said there isnt many around !

Any opinions about the amps is greatly appreciated - or any other amp sugestions are also welcome !

Sorry for the wall of text - and thanks in advance !
Quote by ramonesclash
classic rock (AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Nirvana )
I'm sorry, but what? Since when is Nirvana considered "classic rock"

Either way, I'd suggest a JCM 2000. Pretty versatile amps and would cover everything you need.
try looking at a USED Rivera KR or Knucklehead, Soldano Hot Rod or SLO, ENGL Savage, or a Brunetti XLR EVO

if those are too expensive then just go with a DSL 100/50
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
A friend of mine has the dsl401 and loves it. Another option is the Hiwatt HG50 combo which should be around 750 yoyos. Watch out for silly shipping charges, though. Thomann are fair. Dolphin want cash from Ireland (plonkers) so you may have to look around a bit for a Hiwatt. The advantage is they do great cleans and they last for ages.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Have you been to XMusic in Dublin and tried out a Cornford?

I do believe they have the Roadhouse 30 which should be ideal for your requirments. You will have to buy used, though. But I've often bought from UK sellers second-hand and had them ship the product over to me with no hassles.

Going to the shop should give you an estimate of what they sound like, at least.
The only band on your list that uses the Rivera is Rise Against. Fantastic amp, but i hear lately he's been using a JCM900 (don't take my word for it)?

Most of the rock and punk bands are using various Marshall/Vox Amplifiers, DSL would be a good option, so would a JCM800 2204, you'll need a boost to do really heavy stuff though, but with an SD-1 and a Gibson Les Paul Standard, I have enough gain to do Slipknot *cringes*
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
The RIvera can get super clean tones and marshallish crunch for AC/DC
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Lurcher
Another option is the Hiwatt HG50 combo which should be around 750 yoyos.

Thanks for the suggestion , I am aiming to Try that out soo enough !

Quote by AngryGoldfish
Have you been to XMusic in Dublin and tried out a Cornford?

Yeah , Ive been down to them. Have tries it out , tis a nice Amp !

However I meant to say that , I was looking for A Head , as I already have a 2x12 cab !
can't you get those cornfords in head versions too? I've only tried the handwired ones, though, no idea what the roadhouses are like.

you could also consider things like engls etc. too. instrumental in dublin is an engl dealer- or at least was, last time i was there (which was a couple of years ago). Better ring them before making a journey.

brunetti xlr-evo would be great, but likely to be too much. Would be really hard to get to try too- there was a dealer in portadown (in northern ireland), of all places, but it shut.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
can't you get those cornfords in head versions too? I've only tried the handwired ones, though, no idea what the roadhouses are like.

you could also consider things like engls etc. too. instrumental in dublin is an engl dealer- or at least was, last time i was there (which was a couple of years ago). Better ring them before making a journey.

brunetti xlr-evo would be great, but likely to be too much. Would be really hard to get to try too- there was a dealer in portadown (in northern ireland), of all places, but it shut.
Yeah, you can get the Roadhouse in head format.

How much did you like it?

Instrumental do still stock ENGL's, but very rarely. His shop has been halfed in size, unfortunately, and literally he doesn't have the space to stock a Fireball or Powerball all the time like he did back in the day.
To be quite honest, I don't cherish the idea of visiting his place anymore; I think he may have lost a lot of his solid gear. And maybe because of that he has also lost a little of his love for his job.
He may have something worth checking out, though. Give him a call. He's had a couple of good Randall's in there before - 018 720233.

I'd also suggest googling an ENGL Screamer. Look up a few reviews on HC and a few clips on RockSolidAmps.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Nov 14, 2009,
oh, i didn't realise the shop had got smaller, that sucks. I haven't been down for a couple of years.

What do you mean, "how much did you like it?" Or was that to ramonesclash?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh, i didn't realise the shop had got smaller, that sucks. I haven't been down for a couple of years.

What do you mean, "how much did you like it?" Or was that to ramonesclash?
Oh yeah, sorry, it was the TS I was talking to.
no worries, i do that too

EDIT: there's a thread about those big white monkey amps in GG&A at the moment. Just to let you know.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 15, 2009,