I am about to begin classes for classical guitar and my teacher is a dealer of alhambra guitars and has encouraged me to get one as my first classical.

Does anybody here know anything about these guitars? I was just wondering as I had never heard of them until he mentioned them. Just trying to get an opinion on what a good classical would be to go with.

Looks like this one will cost about $450, I'd like to stay in that price range.
i've never heard off them, somtimes teachers are biased to a certain brand or type of gear, i had one who said i should be using 12's to learn on whilst i felt them to be too thick, seeing as your teacher is a dealer in a certain guitar brand they'll be trying to sell as many of them as possible. i would look at yamaha they make good accoustics that last ages http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-CG171S-Spruce-Top-Classical-Guitar-100882331-i1168758.gc
Alhambra's are good.

You're probably getting a 3C. It'll be a good starter guitar, definitely, though you'll want to move up to an 8P in a few years.

I use an Alhambra 8P. Great guitar. I've played 3C, they sound fine.
Quote by Confusius
Alhambra's are good.

You're probably getting a 3C. It'll be a good starter guitar, definitely, though you'll want to move up to an 8P in a few years.

Thanks a lot. That is the 3C he's interested in getting me. So you think it'd be fne for a very dedicated beginner who doesn't want to have to upgrade for a while?
Quote by Confusius
Alhambra's are good.

+1 that's good advice from the Eastern sage.