Ok, so i have a Bugera 6262, but was disappointed to notice that only the 333's have the send / return level dials on the back to allow for a volume boost when just running straight from send -> return (to my knowledge).

I play in a band and i do 2 or 3 solos in some songs and need a way to raise my volume for one, especially when i am using the Lead channel before the solo.

Ive been getting the hang of gear recently and realize that theres a lot of credit given to the TS9 / 808 as a boost pedal, but i am strapped for cash.
I am to buy a Boss ME-50 from a friend new for £50, but haven't yet seen the actual stuff on it, and was wondering if the distortion modelers could be used (providing obviously i drop the gain completely and just use the level, as i won't want a TONAL change, just MORE VOLUME), or if they were of such poor quality that it won't work, or if there is not even any Gain / Level dials on the ME50.
Also is there any other kind of effects that could be used to this effect (obviously i'd dial in some delay and maybe a little bit of compression).
Thanks UGers
Proud Bugera User

Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Cameron's movies have the creativity and quality of a potato with chlamydia.

Quote by Absent Mind
Lady GaGa is rare but would you pay money for her?

-MD Les Paul
-Bugera 6262
-Laney 2x12
i think the me50 has a volume pedal function, using the pedal which is used as the whammy and wahwah
You'll probably sound like crap using one of the distortion models as a boost, your best bet is to use the expression pedal as a volume pedal.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

if you havent bought your mates pedal, buy a tube screamer
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Make sure you buy it! If it is in good condition, then £50 is definitely a steal. I'm sure you will enjoy it as well.
you can get a Boss Super Overdrive pedal for cheap brand new. does great for a boost pedal for low cash. they sell new for like $50 or less in the US. i use one as a boost sometimes as well as my Maxon 808 and MXR GT overdrive
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by britishsligean
i think the me50 has a volume pedal function, using the pedal which is used as the whammy and wahwah

This should be a good idea (i.e. roll the volume back then whack it forwards for the solo?) assuming i don't need the whammy or wah at the time which i don't ever anyway.

Quote by Zoso1994
You'll probably sound like crap using one of the distortion models as a boost

I assumed this would be the case (damn boss)

Thanks dudes

---Also yeah, the super overdrive looks an ok idea. I may be soon starting to upgrade my board then to actual pedals, so this should fit in nicely. Is the overdrive on it any good, use as an actual overdrive? Or is there an alternative drive peadl available that can be used for a boost too? Tubescreamer?
Proud Bugera User

Quote by Melodic_Rocker

Quote by Absent Mind

-MD Les Paul
-Bugera 6262
-Laney 2x12
Last edited by ZzakK at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by ZzakK
This should be a good idea (i.e. roll the volume back then whack it forwards for the solo?) assuming i don't need the whammy or wah at the time which i don't ever anyway.

I assumed this would be the case (damn boss)

Thanks dudes

---Also yeah, the super overdrive looks an ok idea. I may be soon starting to upgrade my board then to actual pedals, so this should fit in nicely. Is the overdrive on it any good, use as an actual overdrive? Or is there an alternative drive peadl available that can be used for a boost too? Tubescreamer?

yeah dude, the Boss SD-1 super od sounds pretty decent for an overdrive pedal. its really smooth, great for getting some hard blues and some rock tones out of it. does GREAT for a clean boost pedal. it pretty good for how cheap it costs, its one of my fav Boss pedals. now for a bit more $.. the Maxon 808 is the way to go, imo it sounds better then the tubescreamers(the tube screamers do sound damn good as well) and does boosting DAMN good. also another good pedal is the MXR GT-OD. just gotta keep the drive on 0 or pretty low, tone(or eqs if it has it on whatever suits you) and the level all the way up to get a great clean boost or to slightly blend the od and the amps od together
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by WtrPlyr
It's not really Boss, it's more that those things are digital, thus not suitable as a boost.

+1
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by WtrPlyr
It's not really Boss, it's more that those things are digital, thus not suitable as a boost.

Touche
Thanks people
Proud Bugera User

Quote by Melodic_Rocker

Quote by Absent Mind

-MD Les Paul
-Bugera 6262
-Laney 2x12