Ok, i just bought a Saegul Original withtt he original string form Godin that are ‘PHOSPHOR BRONZE ‘ LIGHT .012,.016,.024,.032,.042,.053.. I was thinking of replacing them with some D'Addario EFT16 Flat Top Gauges 12-16-24-32-42-53 or Martin M130 Folk Guitar Silk & Steel 11.5-14-23-28-38-47. Now if i were to get the flat tops, is there an adjusting i would have to do? Also the same with the MArtins... My guitar is set for .12 strings.. will i have to change nayhitng to compensate for the 11.5 that the martins come with? thanks in advance
The flat tops should be fine without any adjustment. The action using the Martin Silk & Steel will be very low because those strings are extremely low tension.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yeah you'll be fine.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i've got the silk and steels on one of my seagulls and it didn't require any adjustment.
^ really? I put them on my Art & Lutherie(which had quite high action) and it lowered it significantly because of the lower tension. Silk & Steel strings are about 130lbs of tension while regular 12's are about 160lbs or so.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.