I'm looking for that clean sound...and my guitar is too loud!
It makes any amp distort (well...not the bad solid states that don't even try to be tube-y) even at low settings and is too loud for my direct sound card for recording, at lowest level.
I haven't changed the pickups ever, and it used to be quieter...help!

P.S. If it helps, the rhythm pickup is louder than the bridge one, but I think this is often the case due to the pickup up position (???)

Also my guitar is a Westfield E4500
Last edited by EJW at Nov 10, 2009,
use your volume knob on your guitar?
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
Quote by EJW

P.S. If it helps, the rhythm pickup is louder than the neck one, but I think this is often the case due to the pickup up position (???)

woah, aren't rhythm and neck the same?
Quote by EJW
I'm looking for that clean sound...and my guitar is too loud!
It makes any amp distort (well...not the bad solid states that don't even try to be tube-y) even at low settings and is too loud for my direct sound card for recording, at lowest level.
I haven't changed the pickups ever, and it used to be quieter...help!

P.S. If it helps, the rhythm pickup is louder than the neck one, but I think this is often the case due to the pickup up position (???)

Also my guitar is a Westfield E4500

Wow, are you even serious?
If you really need to lower your output level, thats what the volume knob on your axe is for.
tbvh lowering the voluime from your guitar will decrease most of the OD so it will sound cleaner
Turn down the microphone/line-in level on your soundcard. Your guitar isn't faulty.

On a side note, if your complaining a guitar is too loud, you're playing the wrong instrument!
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Theres a volume knob on guitars for a reason, just turn it down if you want less volume.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by gorrath
use your volume knob on your guitar?

+1000000
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

IF you're going to blame the pickups, lower them using the screws of either side of them.
Otherwise, that's what volume and tone knobs are for.

On a side note, an electric guitar can never be too loud in my opinion.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by PsiGuy60
IF you're going to blame the pickups, lower them using the screws of either side of them.
Otherwise, that's what volume and tone knobs are for.

Agreed 100%.
upload audio
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
as most people have wrote... TURN DOWN YUR GUITAR (using the knob, located ON THE GUITAR, lmfao ... wow) if that doesnt work then lower the gain setting on yur amp to 0 (if ther is one)
Quote by mashizz
woah, aren't rhythm and neck the same?

Ahh sorry, didn't read that back, edited now

Everyone else...the reason I asked this question was because my guitar hasn't always been this loud!!!
I would rather not turn down the volum knob because that changes the tone (cuts some of the sparkle), but is what I have been doing.
I have a DI box...even at the lowest setting, it distorts...and not in the nice tubey way...all horrible and crackly.
And to evryon who's like "If you think its too loud, you're playing the wrong instrument!" you clearly didn't read my post at the beginning. It's not that it's too loud but that causing the sound to be distorted...and I want it clean sometimes.

Again...wasn't always like this...hav i done something when soldering it???
Quote by Rodney Rocket
If its to loud your to old!

4 grammar mistakes in 7 words?
Quote by alis21
4 grammar mistakes in 7 words?

+my guitar and 1000000000000000
ppl mst do der best 2 spill currektly!