Hey, I'm gonna see Gary Moore this Friday and can't wait. Nobody in my school likes blues so I'll be going with a guy who I teach guitar.

My question: Has anyone on UG seen GM live? If you've seen him on the current tour please say so!

How was it?

I saw on a website that he doesn't play "Still Got The Blues" which is my favorite song of his
I know lil macker has so you could ask him
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I saw him live earlier on in this year, he slaughtered most of his songs :/ and he was really big headed The blues bands that were supported him were better in my opinion.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Nov 9, 2009,
he's supposedly a twat. He annoys me with his tone, as well the constant "vroooooom"ing he does with his fretting hand before he plays a phrase
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
I saw him live earlier on in this year, he slaughtered most of his songs :/ and he was really big headed The blues bands that were supported him were better in my opinion.

I wouldn't say that really, maybe he should have cut the solos a tiny bit and it would have been better. And maybe got rid of the keyboards. Plus the guy that supported him when I saw him had dreadful lyrics, and sounded way too much like SRV. Oh well.

Trust me, you'll be amazed by his guitar playing. And the fact he plays a Tele for most of it. He still sounds amazing, if not better with it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I saw him support Bob Dylan once. He was way more entertaining than Dylan but then big Bobbie was pretty rubbish that night.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Saw him in 2006 as the opener for BB King. I thought he was really good, bar that he played a lot of samey-sounding songs. His guitar playing was phenomenal though, always impressive so you'll get that out of it definately. He didn't seem to be big-headed or show-offy, but I guess you gotta be somewhat humble when you're opening for one of the biggest blues legends ever.
saw him a year ago in bern, switzerland.

i was really impressed, didn't think he still had it. of course 75% of the concert was guitar solos, but hey, we're on a guitarist forum, so that's not a bad thing, right?

and yeah.. he DID play still got the blues!
Quote by Dust_to_Dust

was he touring with that one blues band with the big singer with the leather coat? damn, what were their names... the singer/guitarist played with Moore on one of their songs when I saw them earlier this year.
If they were the same band you saw, then I fully agree.
Quote by CoreysMonster
was he touring with that one blues band with the big singer with the leather coat? damn, what were their names... the singer/guitarist played with Moore on one of their songs when I saw them earlier this year.
If they were the same band you saw, then I fully agree.

I saw them at the Wolves Civic if that helps but it probably doesn't
, there were two bands before Gary Moore, one had a huge guy in it, who was really good at playing blues? Sounds the same
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Last edited by Dust_to_Dust at Nov 10, 2009,