Now all of these have a floyd rose and are have 24 frets I just want to know which is more versatile. I play everything, soft rock, metal, alternative you name it I play it. Now I know schecters are mostly metal/jazz but which will be the most versatile of the bunch. And if a couple are the same just different colors thats ok. And yes, they are all from Best Buy, but that's because I'm buying through them.
Thanks!

Syn Custom Limited White

BJATXC1FR Black

C1FRHR White

BJATXC1FR White

HellRaiser C-1 FR Black Cherry
Well the all have either EMGs or Black outs except the Syn Custom. They can be versatile pick ups. But if i were, and this is just a suggestion, look at a C-1 Classic. They have a VERY versatile set.
if you want versatility then nickdohle got it right, get the C-1 classic. great seymour duncan jb/jazz pickup set with coil tapping. and it's a steal now, americanmusical.com is selling them for 500 and i if i didn't pretty much already have one I would buy it right now.
What amp do you have mate? Crucially your amp will make up a considerable amount of your tone compared to your pickups.
It's an old Spyder II 150w with 2 12's. It's not the cleanest, but I got it for 100 bucks so I couldn't pass it up
Quote by ftfnavyseals
It's an old Spyder II 150w with 2 12's. It's not the cleanest, but I got it for 100 bucks so I couldn't pass it up

wow well the spider 2s are actually decent imo and for 100 well that's a great deal. honestly, I would upgrade your amp before the guitar but you do whatever you like. and look at the c-1 classic, it's a great guitar and even better when you can get it new for 500
Well the reason I'm looking at these is because I work at best buy and schecter is the only guitars they carry that I like, and I want my discount. So I have a very limited selection. Now they had the C1 classic, thanks for the suggestion by the way, but they are sold out. And I sort of want a guitar with a floyd rose... So your saying the EMG's will be mostly metal/rock oriented? And is it worth it to switch pickups out? Also here's the like for the page with all the guitars on it, money is not an issue, if you have the time dig through and throw me suggestions I need help!!!

List of schecters

Thanks!
All Schecters are pretty much garbage so it really doesnt matter
I would but it's an hour drive to guitar center and I don't have the time, and I'm not sure they even have all of these. But your right it's definitely the best idea
Quote by JONASx5150x
All Schecters are pretty much garbage so it really doesnt matter

Did you really just take the time out of your life to say that? What a waste... Next time give some details to back up your statement there Judas, and maybe we'll take you seriously.
Quote by ftfnavyseals
I would but it's an hour drive to guitar center and I don't have the time, and I'm not sure they even have all of these. But your right it's definitely the best idea

first of all, EMG pickups in most (if not all) are active pickups which are meant for high output and insane distorted tones. Just look at all the metal bands that use active EMGs and try to find clean players that use EMGs. listen to clips of EMGs played clean on youtube and see what's best for you. if you want versatility, the c-1 classic is the best one schecter offers. most of their other EMG equipped guitars are geared towards players who use loads of gain.

oh and I would suggest the c-1 hellraiser since it has a coil tap for added versatility
Last edited by ghiyath at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by ghiyath
first of all, EMG pickups in most (if not all) are active pickups which are meant for high output and insane distorted tones1. Just look at all the metal bands that use active EMGs and try to find clean players that use EMGs2. listen to clips of EMGs played clean on youtube and see what's best for you3. if you want versatility, the c-1 classic is the best one schecter offers. most of their other EMG equipped guitars are geared towards players who use loads of gain.4

oh and I would suggest the c-1 hellraiser since it has a coil tap for added versatility

1: Wrong
2: What does that have to do with his use of them?
3: Youtube isn't the best place to go for tone demo's
4: See number 2.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
1: Wrong
2: What does that have to do with his use of them?
3: Youtube isn't the best place to go for tone demo's
4: See number 2.

Hes not all wrong and you can try a nicer approach.
Quote by nickdohle
Hes not all wrong and you can try a nicer approach.

He is wrong and boo hoo.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by tommyt
He is wrong and boo hoo.

Alright then. Tell almighty one, about EMG's and there fantastic tone and how horrible EVERYTHING on youtube is. I'm very interested to hear it.
Quote by ghiyath
if you want versatility then nickdohle got it right, get the C-1 classic. great seymour duncan jb/jazz pickup set with coil tapping. and it's a steal now, americanmusical.com is selling them for 500 and i if i didn't pretty much already have one I would buy it right now.

The c-1 classic is a great guitar (i own one) and it's def worth its price. The only thing is that it doesn't have the floyd rose that you are looking for and it doesn't have coil tapping. It runs the pickups in series to create different tones, which is similar to coil tapping, but from what i've noticed, gives even more versatile sounds.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by nickdohle
Alright then. Tell almighty one, about EMG's and there fantastic tone and how horrible EVERYTHING on youtube is. I'm very interested to hear it.

why thank you

Several active EMG pickups can be used to get a great clean tone. (60 being a prime example along with their single coil pickups.)

Using some of them will show you that.

Sitting on youtube listening to a recording through a camera mic will never get you a realistic representation of a guitar's sound, unless it's mic'd up and recorded properly then matched up to the video, which most tone demo's on youtube aren't and as such all you're getting is what the camera mic can handle which most of the time isn't great.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by tommyt
why thank you

Several active EMG pickups can be used to get a great clean tone. (60 being a prime example along with their single coil pickups.)

Using some of them will show you that.

Sitting on youtube listening to a recording through a camera mic will never get you a realistic representation of a guitar's sound, unless it's mic'd up and recorded properly then matched up to the video, which most tone demo's on youtube aren't and as such all you're getting is what the camera mic can handle which most of the time isn't great.

The 60 is a great pup for clean i will say that. Never tried the Single Coils so got put in my place on that one.

And there are alot of videos that use a proper Mic set up. Suchs as PGS vids. They do a good mic job from what ive seen. And the sound normally is very close to what they do.
Quote by nickdohle
The 60 is a great pup for clean i will say that. Never tried the Single Coils so got put in my place on that one.

And there are alot of videos that use a proper Mic set up. Suchs as PGS vids. They do a good mic job from what ive seen. And the sound normally is very close to what they do.

Yeah but using youtube is never going to be a substitute for personal experience, Plus people will often just click the first "demo" they find on a search and take it on board for good or bad.

As for being sharp with people, I just get tired of seeing bandwagon statements get passed of as fact on these forums.

Especially when I've used a product for 3 years.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Last edited by tommyt at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by tommyt
Yeah but using youtube is never going to be a substitute for personal experience.

As for being sharp with people, I just get tired of seeing bandwagon statements get passed of as fact on these forums.

Especially when I've used a product for 3 years.

You cant stop the bandwagon here. Its to deep. I just ignore and try to inform. I have played on and EMG set through a solid state, and it sucked. 81/60. Then the 81/85 through a Blues Deluxe and had great tones out of it.
Quote by nickdohle

All of you guys have been a big help and I've learned a lot, honestly, but let's toss the floyd out the window for a minute. Based out of the guitars listed here, if you don't mind taking a quick look, would you recommend. I'm just very indecisive and need someone to help me out. lawls! I hear the tempest is great but I really want 24 frets...
Quote by ghiyath

This.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well ok then. lol I guess I'll keep my eyes out for one at BestBuy.com, since the blue one is sold out right now...
Quick question... Is there a way to go directly to my posts? Instead of looking this thing up everytime I want to see if someone replied? I'm noob at forums...
yes, near the top, there is a link saying Stick For Me with an ! next to it. its on the first post of the page i believe. also, i say the C-1 Classic for versatility. no coil tapping, but offers a 5 way pickup selector between 2 humbuckers, giving them some VERY nice sounds. I use it from my music in jazz band to my melodic metal. it sounds great on distortion/high gain and on cleans. definitally give it a try. also, they have a deep sea green version if you dont want blue :3
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Pickup a C-1 classic wherever you can... they are discontinued now
^

i was gonna trade my xiphos to my local store and pay a little cash to get one, but their supplier has no more

why discontinue such a gorgeous guitar? unless they are planning something along the same lines, but even MORE beautiful

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I just picked up a brand new Schecter C-1 blackjack at guitar center for $380 out the door. It has original seymour duncan pickups (59' and JB), Set-thru neck (same as hellraiser), good black finish, locking tuners...I've seen them for $699 everywhere online, without the card inlays or coil taps. I think its a special model for guitar center. It has the same build quality as my $700 hellraiser, if not better.
Schecter Blackjack C-1 EX (BK Painkiller, DM Liquifire)
Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
ISP Decimator
Fargen modded Peavey JSX, w/ KT77's
Hardwire DL-8 Delay
yeah but i cant trade them my xiphos. i was trying to aquire a c-1 classic w/o spending a lot of money

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab