ok so the D-tuna drops the string from E to D.... so if i have one, can i Drop D to a C?
and will it work on Schaller Low Profile Trem??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
It drops the string one step down, so if its D it will tune it to c.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I'm not convinced it will fit a Schaller low profile trem. The d tuna sits between the back of the bridge and the body. Mine takes a good 12-15mm clearance from the back of the bridge to the body of the guitar to fit. Couldn't find a picture with the right angle of the Schaller to see properly, but it doesn't look like it has this kind of clearance when mounted on most guitars.

Also, I don't really recommend the d-tuna. It isn't particularly accurate when changing the E/D string tuning and forces all the other strings out of tune. I have gotten to the point where I don't use mine at all because it is so frustrating to have to constantly retune!
far as i know, it won't fit a lo-pro trem. And it won't work unless the trem is dive-only, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
J|K were you using it on a floating floyd rose? Because that will make all the other strings go out of tune... my EVH D-Tuna when set up on my flush mount floyd works perfectly...

But I'm certian it wont work on a Floyd Rose Low Pro trem of any kind unless there has been some modification... but I dont know what you would have to do to modify it, or if thats possible... just trying to cover my ass of being certain about it...

You could always leave the top nut block unlocked... or get a normal profile floyd rose (Gotoh FTW)... or get a new guitar...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by Dave_Mc
far as i know, it won't fit a lo-pro trem. And it won't work unless the trem is dive-only, either.

well this guitar has a D-Tuna and is fully floating

the guys from amfisound just cut the thingy so it could work on a floating bridge
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

the guys from amfisound just cut the thingy so it could work on a floating bridge

Am I missing something because that bar and trem looks most certainly locked.
Quote by BobDetroit
Am I missing something because that bar and trem looks most certainly locked.

then why did they cut the cavity for a floating bridge if its locked?
feel free to add me
Quote by Ethanb08
J|K were you using it on a floating floyd rose? Because that will make all the other strings go out of tune... my EVH D-Tuna when set up on my flush mount floyd works perfectly...

But I'm certian it wont work on a Floyd Rose Low Pro trem of any kind unless there has been some modification... but I dont know what you would have to do to modify it, or if thats possible... just trying to cover my ass of being certain about it...

You could always leave the top nut block unlocked... or get a normal profile floyd rose (Gotoh FTW)... or get a new guitar...

I had to use the Dremmel on the End of the D-tuna on my Strat.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
then why did they cut the cavity for a floating bridge if its locked?

The body has been routed to allow the D Tuna assembly to go back into the body during pull ups...the bar is locked in the photo. Cool idea...especially if you've ever tried to palm mute a detuned tuning with a floyd...the tuning goes sharp really quickly because it doesn't take much pressure from your palm to take it out of tune...especially with slack strings. Locking the bar like that is like blocking the floyd from the back...if it can't move, you can't take it out of tune with your palm muting.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

kramer did that on my striker too. it's going to put the other strings out of tune if you leave it to float, is the problem. though i guess with my kramer, with the d-tuna on, it overlaps the cavity, so i guess you could set it as non-floating, assuming the d-tuna can take the weight of the full trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sooo you guys wont advise me doing this on mah build?
feel free to add me
unless you're willing to use a device where you can block the trem (e.g. tremol-no), no. then when you're using the trem in floating mode, stay away from the d-tuna, but when it's blocked, you can use it.

I haven't tried that myself, though, but i think it should work. Could be wrong, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
sooo you guys wont advise me doing this on mah build?

Its a cool idea...just as long as you know what you're getting yourself into :

and +1 to the tremol-no ^
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Nov 9, 2009,
ii thought the tremol-no takes away sustain...but i think it doesnt matter since im buying a Sustaniac
feel free to add me
Quote by Ethanb08

I've got it on my Ernie Ball MM axis; so yeah, it's flush mount and shouldn't really put the others out. But for some reason after enough pull ins/outs of the d tuna it seems to change the pitch of the other strings slightly. I'm not saying it's huge, just enough to notice it. Maybe I don't spend enough time making sure it's all 100% spot on before locking it up.

I tend to stick with guitars with fixed bridges now, so don't have to worry about it too much!
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ii thought the tremol-no takes away sustain...but i think it doesnt matter since im buying a Sustaniac

really? i thought it's a bit more awkward to get working than the instructional videos would suggest, but i didn't really notice any difference in sustain. of course, i haven't tried that guitar without the tremol-no, so... (well, i' ve taken the mechanism out, but the claw's still there).

if anything, dive-only and hardtail mode should add sustain...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok thanks guys

BTW What Tremelo's would you recommend me getting?
since it wont work with a Lo- Profile trem.... my choices are just the Schaller FR, OFR And the GOtoh one right?
feel free to add me
My uncle's got a detuner that is fitted to the headstock of his tele. Look into that. It drops it a whole step, just like the D-Tuna.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
It should work fine.

Now check out my NPD!!!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by J|K
But for some reason after enough pull ins/outs of the d tuna it seems to change the pitch of the other strings slightly. I'm not saying it's huge, just enough to notice it. Maybe I don't spend enough time making sure it's all 100% spot on before locking it up.

A DEFINITE PROBLEM WITH THEM!
I eventually got rid of mine purely for the fact that it was slightly messing up my tuning/intonation.

I was always curious how Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme use one with a floating trem though?
Top lel.
Quote by woodenbandman
My uncle's got a detuner that is fitted to the headstock of his tele. Look into that. It drops it a whole step, just like the D-Tuna.

but i still have to take off the locking nut......do i?

^^kk checking it out
feel free to add me
Quote by J|K
I've got it on my Ernie Ball MM axis; so yeah, it's flush mount and shouldn't really put the others out. But for some reason after enough pull ins/outs of the d tuna it seems to change the pitch of the other strings slightly. I'm not saying it's huge, just enough to notice it. Maybe I don't spend enough time making sure it's all 100% spot on before locking it up.

I tend to stick with guitars with fixed bridges now, so don't have to worry about it too much!

Im not really sure what the problem is, maybe take a look at the locking nut, I think the EBMM are rear mount (they have the bolts through the back of the neck to keep the nut on) give them a little tightening if the nut is loose... if they arent tight the nut may move a bit when string tension is changed such as the use of a D-tuna.

Also... as do I... hehe...

To WTF!!is a TAB:
As for a tuner head that detunes that would require removing the locking nut or unlocking the nut.

Anyways I'm a go ahead and say get the Gotoh... The Schaller is outrageously over priced imo... the Original... well you basically pay for the name... But the Gotoh looks the nicest imo has most of the same features as the other FR types trems, but it also has locking pivot posts so they lock at the specific action high you want, and it has a brass sustain block allowing better sustain when using the sustainiac as a neck pickup...lol I have an original and I'm building a guitar pretty soon with a Gotoh, the OFR looks like shit atm, a lot of the powder coat has chipped off, i think there may be some burs in the saddle to from corrosion or something cause my strings seem to break more often... but it says "Floyd Rose" on the side so Im not gonna upgrade the whole thing...lol
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
ok thanks guys

BTW What Tremelo's would you recommend me getting?
since it wont work with a Lo- Profile trem.... my choices are just the Schaller FR, OFR And the GOtoh one right?

yeah, i think so. It doesn't work 100% perfectly with my gotoh. I'm not sure if that's because I'm a retard, but I don't think that's the whole reason, even if true. It's designed to work with the OFR first and foremost (I assume so, anyway), so that's probably the way i'd go. If having a tremol-no is the main concern.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?