Hey guys, looking to get a couple of pedals for Christmas, I've decided to get a fuzz and a delay.

My current setup is a Peavey Classic 50, MIM Tele, Pro Co RAT, and Dunlop 535Q.

For a delay pedal, I really like the Malekko 616, but does anyone know if/ when it will be available in the UK, as only PGS seems to stock it at the moment, and I don't particularly want to have to deal with the hassle of customs.

As far as a fuzz goes, I'm fairly open to suggestions, no more than $150, and I'm looking to get a Smashing Pumpkins / Dinosaur Jr. / Frusciante tone and lot of gain on tap, and something that can cut through the mix, so reasonable mids, and decent sustain is important to me, I'd like to be able to get a decent rhythm tone, and a searing, piercing lead, though I appreciate that may be asking a lot for not a lot. The main pedals I've been looking at are some of the Devi Ever pedals, the Aenima to be specific, though I'm not entirely sold on that. Some of the Stomp Under Foot, however, looking very appealing, especially the Screaming Panda, and some of the vintage muffs, my favourite would be the Violet Rams Head. I've heard very good things about all his stuff, and would appreciate any of your added input on it. Also, does anyone know if his muffs can be used with batteries and how fuzzy can the panda get?

Also, has anyone had any experience with importing pedals from America to the UK? I've worked out that the 616, and VRH ($150 and $130 respectively) to come to about £250 with shipment, duty and VAT factored in, does that sound about right?

Thanks.
I just ordered 2 protone pedals from america so I'll let you know what happens when i get them. They were $170 and $200 respectively so not sure what's gonna happen with customs.
MRX has a couple good delay pedals and the TC Electronics Nova Delay is pretty good.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
The Stomp under Foot muffs are amazing. Any vintage muff or cintage muff clone will be exactly what you are looking for.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I'd say to get a StompUnderfoot Muff, and ask for a flat mids switch, so you can cut through better.
I think the Civil War Muff has awesome sustain.

And I'm sure they do have a battery snap, but just email matt to make sure. He's nice to deal with.

EDIT: It wasn't clear if you were in UK, since you used two different currency symbols, but something from here might be a better option for you, if you are:
http://www.madebymike.co.uk/
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 9, 2009,
Try the earthquaker devices hoof fuzz. sovetek muff clone. and its bad ass as well
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
or if your feeling brave and want to put some more money towards the delay, get the current russian muff and swap the parts out with parts with better tolerances
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Thanks for the mention guys I really appreciate it.
All my pedals can use a battery or an adpater.
Shipping to the UK is about $11.00 or £6.55
Last edited by mattpas at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd say to get a StompUnderfoot Muff, and ask for a flat mids switch, so you can cut through better.
I think the Civil War Muff has awesome sustain.

And I'm sure they do have a battery snap, but just email matt to make sure. He's nice to deal with.

EDIT: It wasn't clear if you were in UK, since you used two different currency symbols, but something from here might be a better option for you, if you are:
http://www.madebymike.co.uk/

Seconded.
Plus, his stuff is pretty cheap. Which leaves you a pretty big budget for a delay. Although I'm not too sure about what your options are for delay over here. But if you e-mail Mike he does custom work too so there may be an option there.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

^Thanks, yeah I'll have to look into some of Mikes stuff.

Quote by mattpas
Thanks for the mention guys I really appreciate it.
All my pedals can use a battery or an adpater.
Shipping to the UK is about $11.00 or £6.55

Oh great, I suppose you'd be the ideal person to ask this then , sorry I'm a bit of a fuzz noob, but after reading more reviews and listening to the sound clips, I've come to the conclusion that I'd be best suited to one of your Muffs, however, I'm not too sure which one; I can't pick between the CVM and the VRH, so I was wondering if you could help me choose, my main fuzz influences are those mentioned in the OP (Dinosaur Jr. Smashing Pumpkins, and RHCP) though I appreciated that's a kinda wide spread. To be honest the main things I'm looking for are:
Long, smooth sustain
Decent amount of mids (not necessary loads, just enough not to get lost in the mix)
Lots of thick fuzz
Also I prefer a darker sounding fuzz

Just one other thing, I also noticed on your site that the VRH muff is sold out, just wondering, how certain is that they would be available again by Nov 30th?

Thanks, you have some great sounding pedals.

Oh and @ Laslow, that'd be really great if you could let me know how your orders work out.
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by SimplyBen
Seconded.
Plus, his stuff is pretty cheap. Which leaves you a pretty big budget for a delay. Although I'm not too sure about what your options are for delay over here. But if you e-mail Mike he does custom work too so there may be an option there.

Priced right - Yes.
Cheap - Never.
Based on what you are looking for I would suggest the Triangle. What I have been doing is offering the Yau Mod. This is a flat mids mod that I have done for a bunch of people and they really like it and love how it allows the pedal to cut through the mix.
You can e-mail me through www.stompunderfoot.com and we can go over all your options and I can answer any more of your questions.