Hey guys.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with playing guitar live via a service such as Ustream? What interface would be required? What would be the best method to ensure a good listenable tone? Can my pedals be used? How do you actually do it!?!

Hope someone can help me on this issue, thanks!
www.acmebargig.com has some nice amps that is awesome for jamming and recording. For interface i will recommend Guitar rig mobile (100$) or Presonus Audiobox (150$). If you have 150. Audiobox is recommended, it will serve well now and in future when you want to do mic'ing.

Probably some virtual cable program to get the sound from Reaper(or any other DAW) into the streaming software. You have a webcam, right?
So would i download the amp simulators off that website, hook up my guitar to the interface which goes into my pc and then play about with the simulations till i get a decent tone? Would I need high quality speakers for this to sound good?

Alternatively, could I purchase a good mic and place it infront on my amp? The mic then going into my pc and playing through Ustream, is this possible?

Yes I have a webcam.
Quote by Thy Woodzy
Hey guys.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with playing guitar live via a service such as Ustream? What interface would be required? What would be the best method to ensure a good listenable tone? Can my pedals be used? How do you actually do it!?!

Hope someone can help me on this issue, thanks!

I suggest staying away from ustream.tv
Why?, well theres simply nobody around...and I've tried most of the stream sites out there. My #1 choice these days is stickam.com (My URL: www.stickam.com/sonicorbstudios1).

Get any type of interface you want, just dont go too cheap.
The flash player only accepts one set of inputs at a time. I got an FP10 thinking I could select all 8 inputs but the flash player will only let me set 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, or 7/8.

Run your FX pedals into an interface or mic an amp and go with that.
I personally use a Yamaha Magicstomp and other FX run direct to my interface.

If you want to mic your amp, buy a Shure SM57 ($100) and run it into an audio interface of your choice. Musicians friend has the PreSonus Inspire 1394 firewire interface for cheap right now just for today:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
Just be sure you have a firewire port on your computer.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 10, 2009,