I have the cheaptest Dunlop wah-wah pedal. And I never use it. This is because when I kick it on and rock it back and forth the overall volume just goes either way too low or way way TOO HIGH!

Anyone experience this with this pedal?

Im looking at the Ibanez Weeping Demon and think its sounds great. Another thing I love about it is that you dont have to kick it on by pushing down hard on a button like you have to do with the Dunlop. So my question is...does this wah pedal effect the volume extremely bad like the Dunlop does? I mean, I dont mind a little increase but the Dunlop just increases the volume way too freaking much!!!
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
are you running it through your fx loop or soemthing?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I've noticed this sometimes too with mine, I usually just end up being a little more careful and not rock all the way to either extreme
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Yes. But I dont want to reposition it and reorganize my pedal layout.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Quote by 365_days_gone

was that a yes in response to my question? if so take it out and run it between your guitar and amp. wah pedals aren't meant for fx loops.
Quote by 365_days_gone
lol. Alright, so what do you plan to do then? The wah won't work in your FX loop.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by mikeyElite
was that a yes in response to my question? if so take it out and run it between your guitar and amp. wah pedals aren't meant for fx loops.
I cant because I have a cheap volume pedal and it only works if the guitar cord is plugged directly into the IN port. So it has to be at the beginning.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Quote by ch0
lol. Alright, so what do you plan to do then? The wah won't work in your FX loop.
I was thinking it was this pedal. It works...it just increases the volume way too much.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Quote by 365_days_gone
I cant because I have a cheap volume pedal and it only works if the guitar cord is plugged directly into the IN port. So it has to be at the beginning.

so put the wah after the volume pedal?
Quote by mikeyElite
so put the wah after the volume pedal?

Tried. Still increases. Anyone know if the Weeping Demon increases volume? And is it good?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Could be an issue with your "cheap" volume pedal. My crybaby wah doesnt have any volume issues. Its first in my pedal chain.
Quote by qsceszxdwa
Maybe you bought a volume pedal...

That's exactly "wah"t I thought
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
try to do a simple circuit, guitar -> wah -> amp, and see if it still boosts the volume, if it does, it's the pedal, if it doesn't, it's the interaction your pedal's having with another pedal, i know i've had a few problems like that with my pedals and had to reorganize them because of that
Quote by Darkflame
try to do a simple circuit, guitar -> wah -> amp, and see if it still boosts the volume, if it does, it's the pedal, if it doesn't, it's the interaction your pedal's having with another pedal, i know i've had a few problems like that with my pedals and had to reorganize them because of that
Come on man. He's obviously tried all the simple solutions if he's on UG asking for help.

/sarcasm
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Darkflame
^he said he didn't want to move around his pedals, so i thought he might not have thought of this...
just sayin
I was joking yo. Notice the '/sarcasm' tag.
Quote by Marty Friedman
The Weeping Demon has a "level" knob, which is pretty much a volume knob. I use one, if you get it, you'll be fine. But it seems nobody else has had this problem with a wah, so maybe you could save yourself some money by taking their suggestions.
Any wah pedal you will ever use has that effect. Your wah pedal acts as a parametric mid control, so if your have your eq settings on the amp set to higher treble, rocking the pedal forward will be louder, if you have it set to higher bass, rocking the pedal back will be louder. Even if you make your EQ flat, your guitar has a natural signature EQ that can be either middy, high or low, or a funky combination. The volume increase should never be that different though as it's just equalization changes, and if it bothers you, use an EQ pedal to make your natural guitar signal flatter (though this may take a lot away from the personality of your guitar, IE making fenders not fendery and making les pauls sound like RG's etc).
Well how do you like that...it worked. No volume change at all. Thanks!

But is the Sweeping Demon better than this Dunlop pedal? I like that you dont have to push the button on. Which one sounds better?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there