i got a project i wanna work on. turning my squier strat into a tom delonge strat. anybody got any idea where to start? what are good sites to get ideas or order parts from?
thanx for the advice Reverend-Me, but my strat is already blue. it's a mix of light blue and a surf green. not at all what it looked like online when i bought it, but still a cool color. and thank you Matt420740, however i'm looking more for a pickguard that is a bit more rounded off in the pickup cavity. i plan to install a seymour duncan invader in there, and there would be too much of a gap in the corners with that pickguard you showed me.
thats a fairly standard humbucker route.

unless you wanted something like this

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/0/1/6/370016.jpg

cbf to find a 1 Hum model though
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Get that single-humbucker pickguard, a Seymour-Duncan invader to start. Wire just that pickup, the volume, and badaboom.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Go to guitarfetish.com and get a $20 pearloid 'guard and find a Duncan Performer at gc or somewhere. for $30. $50 later, you have a Tom DeLonge strat.

Edit:
I have a performer and I might do this to my squier just to up the look. Performer does sound good for how cheap it is.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Last edited by OctoberWind at Nov 10, 2009,