Poll: Which Beginner Keyboard?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Beginner Keyboard?
PSR-E223
0 0%
YPT-210
2 100%
Voters: 2.
Ok so I may wanna pick up keyboard soon and I think I've narrowed it down to 2 beginner keyboards.

PSRE-223

YPT-210

Which do you think is better for a total beginner at piano/keyboard but around intermediate in music theory? Which has better and more useful features and better overall quality? Could really use the help of the UG Community here. And I thought choosing guitars was hard. :P

Note: I'm not looking for anything fancy or expensive. If you have another suggestion, great! But please try to make suggestions around the same price, $100.
I have the YPT-210 and i love it to death
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
A guy replied in the thread I submitted too early so I deleted it, but I can't go over $100, and I'm not sure what you meant by it having better hammer on action. Is the piano hammer on the same as a guitars, because I'm clueless about this whole thing.
I don't know much about pianos but I can vouch for weighted keys (the guy in the other thread was talking about them), I learned how to play piano on flimsy plastic keys and when I play a real piano, it feels really weird and I don't press hard enough.
You're not going to get weighted keys for $100 though.

They both look really similar, but I would go for whichever one has a usb port so you can still use it as a midi controller when you 'outgrow' it. Failing that, go for the one with midi in/out.

Hammer action keyboards attempt to replicate the feel of a real piano despite not having hammers or strings. If you stick to keys you most probably WILL want hammer-action down the track, so think about whether you really need this now or if you can hold off, save up, and get a hammer action keyboard. In my opinion, it would be better to start off on hammer action keys.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime

They both look really similar, but I would go for whichever one has a usb port so you can still use it as a midi controller when you 'outgrow' it. Failing that, go for the one with midi in/out.

Hammer action keyboards attempt to replicate the feel of a real piano despite not having hammers or strings. If you stick to keys you most probably WILL want hammer-action down the track, so think about whether you really need this now or if you can hold off, save up, and get a hammer action keyboard. In my opinion, it would be better to start off on hammer action keys.

pluss wun
Quote by Ænimus Prime

this. Weighted keys are expensive, just see if you can get on the piano everynow and then at school or in a music shop. Once every 2-3 weeks just to play the songs you're learning a few times.

Once you either outgrow it, or ditch it for another instrument, you will want it for the midi.

Believe me, even if you ditch it completely, it's great to use for a drum machine, little diddles, adding other effects/instruments..
I want to close this but I'm not sure where it should go

Maybe I should just close it for being incorrect subject matter for UG.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by mdwallin
gear section?

That'll do. At the very least it's more relevant than a forum designed for music theory.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud