View poll results: best backup instrument
drums
30 71%
vocals
4 10%
bass
8 19%
Voters: 42.
Just wondering what we guitarists think is the next best band instrument, becasue guitar is oviously the best band instrument.

i would have to go with drums, because most band pratices happen at the drummers house
They're all equally important. Equal with guitar, as well.

Grow up.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
The guitar isn't the best band instrument. I enjoy it greatly, but the best band instrument is a synth of some sort, or That One Guy's Magic Pipe, because both can act as a full band in one. After that probably a nice acoustic, but I can't say on any of these until I get your definition of a band instrument, because right now it's kind of ambiguous.

Edit; ...Vocals as a backup instrument? You're an idiot, nevermind my inclusion here.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Kevy Absolution

Grow up.

Do you have some illness that prevents you from injecting humour into anything you do?

Just curious.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
lol all insturments are important, but if u say guitar is top, then next i would have to say harmonica, banjo or sitar
Quote by deprofanity
lol all insturments are important, but if u say guitar is top, then next i would have to say harmonica, banjo or sitar

Don't forget the Saxophone!
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Quote by tommyt
Do you have some illness that prevents you from injecting humour into anything you do?

Just curious.

+1 No offence Kevy Absolution but you take things far too seriously on these boards, maybe The Gear Page or RigTalk or Birds and Moons would be far more suited for you if you were looking to talk sensible even then some of those forums do have a bit of a joke every now and then.

And for me it would definitely need to be the spoons, honestly they sound great when used right.
this is how I think it goes, in order of importance:

1. Guitar
2. Drums
3. Bass
4. Anything else...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
this is how I think it goes, in order of importance:

1. Guitar
2. Drums
3. Bass
4. Anything else...

+1
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Kevy Absolution

Grow up.

I disagree, if you were to strip away everything else I would still enjoy listening to a good guitar part. Drums get boring for me to listen to without anything else and so, generally, does bass. I picked vocals in this poll (yes the voice is an instrument) partly because it's the only other one I'd enjoy listening to if all the other instruments were removed from the mix.
Aside from that, I listen to a lot of metal and guitars tend to be the driving force that makes metal... Well, metal! So I'd again say guitar won out. But as this was for second place I'll have to say vocals again because it's something that everyone (whether or not they play an instrument) can follow and remember. Good vocals can make a song worth listening to even if the music itself is very poor.
Personally I remember songs by either the guitar part or the vocal part. Frequently if I'm played a drum beat I won't recognize it as being from a certain song or even if I've heard it before (much to my band's drummer's frustration... He's always playing something and asking if I know what it is!).

So yeah, I voted vocals.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by tommyt

Just curious.

That's what happens when you're not a kid playing guitar in your basement and you actually do something with your talent.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
That's what happens when you're not a kid playing guitar in your basement and you actually do something with your talent.

I don't have a basement.

You crazy kids.

Anyway yeah, seriously you have no idea how funny that actually is.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by Kevy Absolution

FWIW tommyt is a gigging musician so yeah his living depends on him playing guitar to crowds so I would say he is doing something with his 'talent'.
LOL PWNED Kevy :P
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

if you take that attitude, any band you're ever in will suck balls
The whole point of a band is that everything works TOGETHER. Me and my bassist don't just keep on turning up to see who's louder - My drummer feels what we're playing and works with it. It all fits together. Without the rest of them, I'm just someone playing riffs and singing - which can still sound good, but nothing compares to a full band, on stage, playing TOGETHER!

on a lighter note, I think a triangle really adds definition and volume to the overall feel of the band
Last edited by SwampAshSpecial at Nov 9, 2009,
I think your really making to much out of this ^

Does the TS really seem angry and have an attitude problem?

This is suppose to be a fun thread ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

drums
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Sorry to see someone with above average inteligence squandering it on being a total arse face. Good luck with life Kevy.

So I thought drums are the most important backing instrument, seeing as how they carry the song, although solo I say vocals are the most important, as they were the first instrument man ever, well, discovered? Not sure how to put that, but that's just how I see it. But the drums definitely take the prize as best back up, I'm always listening to what the drums are doing when singing/playing, the help me tie in the vocals and guitar to make it all fluid and fit well.
Vocals because I don't drum.

Drumming looks awesome though. I can't imagine how much fun that would be
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Is mayonnaise an instrument?
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Best in order..

1) drums
2) guitar
3) vocals
4) keyboard/piano
5) washboard
6) kazoo