Alright, yet another "New amp thread".

I need some help to find a amp to use while jamming with friends and just practicing.

Guitar: Epiphone DOT
Genres: Blues, Rock, Funk. (It should cover alot of genres, except from Metal).
Budget: $700
Wattage: Loud enough to play over drums, but quite enough to practice.
Can go used?: Yes

Ive already tried the Valve Junior and I found that one control aint enough for me.

Currently playing through Guitar Rig 3, and I only get that digital feeling, wich I dont like.
Id like to keep a clean pedalboard, so it should have some type of EQ and a reverb would be a great +
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
I just got a Blackheart Handsome Devil combo and love it. It'll do any of that stuff perfectly. Look at the review from proguitarshop on youtube. The cleans are LOUD and the Drive is sweet. Sounds amazing al low volumes (has a 7watt setting) and is more than loud enough to practice with a drummer or gig with at full 15watt pentode setting.

Try it out first if you can, but I doubt you'll be disappointed by it.

You can get it from thomann.de for under €400.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Both look great!

Need to find the VOX AC15 used to afford it tho.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.
I don't want to sound like a preacher, but the Fender Blues Jr. is a great little amp. Does everything fine for me, I play funk, blues, rock, and punk with a Les Paul and it works fine. Try it out at least. ;]
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
I think if you can't find an AC15, check out the night train - its a bit different and probably has a little higher gain, but I think it might work pretty well - brilliant bluesy OD + on the tight mode a good rock'n'roll tone, and just about enough headroom for a nice clean tone - thing is I dunno if the AC15 OR the Night Train will have good funk cleans - Vox cleans are almost always quite crunchy and not a perfect, glassy Fender Style Clean.
Reeves Templar Dragon, or something from the Mesa F-series.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Quote by forsaknazrael
IMO, neither of those have enough clean headroom for a loud drummer.

I would look at a Line 6 Flextone 3. Covers all your genres, is loud enough for gigs, but can be turned down easily. It's got great modeling, and the onboard EQ and reverb should satisfy ya.

Have you tried the Handsome Devil? I doubt it, man judging from that response. I had my reservations before buying it, but I played it with my drummer on Friday night.

He plays a DW Collector's series (and a DW collectors series steel snare). He also uses Sabian HHX cymbals. That's a bloody loud kit, and he's a hard hitter.

I had it crystal clean on the 15watt setting, and had to turn down because I was just too loud. Trust me. It's plenty loud for anything. Even doing cleans (which are amazing on this amp by the way).
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
That video from ProGuitarShop sure sounds nice. (Blackheart).

And it was cheap!
Quote by ljohn
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Fender Blues Jr. or Fender Blues Deluxe + an OD-pedal.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz