Have you all seen these basses? they look pretty nice and after seeing them my GAS is flaring up for one. all the colours are pretty nice i think.

Pretty cool looking eh. I really wouldn't mind that pink one, but with a tort pickguard.

Edit: i did not notice how big the photo's really were but you have to see them to appreciate them
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Last edited by Drmckool at Nov 9, 2009,
I'm not a big Stingray fan but these are nice....my favorite of the group is definitely the red though I'm really digging the baby blue with the tortoise shell pickguard...that being said I doubt I'll shell out the money for them
Quote by thunderbritches
I'm not a big Stingray fan but these are nice....my favorite of the group is definitely the red though I'm really digging the baby blue with the tortoise shell pickguard...that being said I doubt I'll shell out the money for them

there's a 50/50 chance i'll shell out for one. they'll cost less than any other bass that i'd want, namely the Rickenbacker 4003. Plus my stingray is the best one ever made in my opinion (20th anniversary sr5 hh with a maple neck).

that being said though they are releasing these as limited editions 2 at a time for 3 months each and it would be pretty cool to have a stingray that i could be a little more nonchalant with as opposed to my $3000 stingray.
I shot JR

I've never tried a Stinger... but I'd like to :P I can't say I like those colours too much, but I like their bursts. And if you could resize those pictures that would be really nice :P
Quote by Canadian_basser
I've never tried a Stinger... but I'd like to :P I can't say I like those colours too much, but I like their bursts. And if you could resize those pictures that would be really nice :P

these are the classic models but ya, stingrays are my favorite model of basses.

The bursts are nice but i always have a soft spot in my heart for the classic looking instruments
I shot JR

I always wanted a white stingray with a black pickguard and a rosewood fretboard so that pic made me drool . Now if only it had 5 strings with that same pickguard I would be in heaven.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by TrabenBassist22
I always wanted a white stingray with a black pickguard and a rosewood fretboard so that pic made me drool . Now if only it had 5 strings with that same pickguard I would be in heaven.

i know exactly what you mean. i've got a five string stingray (infact i'm playing it right now) and i can tell you it's awesome
I shot JR

I loooooove Stingrays, some of the best playing basses I've ever played IMO, with only a few G&L's, Ric's, and some other $3000+ basses feeling as good in my hands.

Im really loving the look of those, especially the red one (*drools at the maple fretboard*).

And do I spy a revival of the old logo?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
I loooooove Stingrays, some of the best playing basses I've ever played IMO, with only a few G&L's, Ric's, and some other $3000+ basses feeling as good in my hands.

Im really loving the look of those, especially the red one (*drools at the maple fretboard*).

And do I spy a revival of the old logo?

for the classic series you do indeed spy the old logo, these basses are giving me a serious conflict of what to gas for. one of these or a Ric. Realistically this is cheaper, rarer (since they are producing each colour as a limited edition) and easier to percure (since when they are ordered they will arrive within a month instead of 3 years.
I shot JR

Ooh mutes on the bridges.

They should make a one off Sabre to go with this range.
Quote by Micehorns
Ooh mutes on the bridges.

They should make a one off Sabre to go with this range.

i hear they might actually. Wait for NAMM according to Big Pappa on the EBMM bass forums
I shot JR

stingrays trying to be fenders, I'm not impressed.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0

how so?
I shot JR

Quote by skater dan0

Well Musicman was started by Leo Fender and was run by him before it was sold to Ernie Ball
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by thunderbritches
I'm not a big Stingray fan

.....lul......

They're missing a string and another humbucker to be right for me...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by biga29
.....lul......

They're missing a string and another humbucker to be right for me...

i know what your saying, as i have a HH 5er but still you have to admit that pink colour would be cool on stage
I shot JR

As I already have a 5 String H stingray I would never buy one, but I think these just look horrible, like the Red Wood EBMM Anniversary Ray... and I don't like how the jack is mounted on the front of the bass like that...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
*Creams Self....*
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Drmckool
how so?

all of those are vintage Fender finishes. If they want to do a vintage series they could at least use their own finishes instead of taking fender's. I know Leo started MM after he sold Fender to CBS. He started it with the plan of making the next generation of basses. These EBMM's are totally going against that in my opinion. They are looking to edge into the vintage market that rightfully belongs to fender by making basses that look like they should be in Fender's catalogue. If they want to get into that market they have their own set of finishes that they popularized.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
all of those are vintage Fender finishes. If they want to do a vintage series they could at least use their own finishes instead of taking fender's. I know Leo started MM after he sold Fender to CBS. He started it with the plan of making the next generation of basses. These EBMM's are totally going against that in my opinion. They are looking to edge into the vintage market that rightfully belongs to fender by making basses that look like they should be in Fender's catalogue. If they want to get into that market they have their own set of finishes that they popularized.

i was under the impression that these colours were some of the original ones that were quickly discontinued by the company.

I want one for a couple reasons.
1) i like the colour of the finishes
2) i wouldn't mind a 2-band H 4-string stingray
3) i require a bass that is a little less expensive/limited to gig with

I understand what you are saying though
I shot JR