Hey guys I'm pretty sure it fits in this forum correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways I love the tone of the guitarist and style in this band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2YiUTh9dj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2YiUTh9dj4

I understand he uses a slide, but what kind do you think? Glass?
Also what else should I do to achieve that tone. EQ settings? Effects? The tone knob on my guitar? Thanks in advance.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
That is a very standard strat tone, it should be possible to get it with any EQ settings by rolling back the tone in the neck middle position or neck position.

For a more stable sound playing slide or ambient stuff like that, I like to use bridge middle and then roll back tone more then usual. It sounds the same as neck middle that way but is naturally more consistent and tighter due to string tension.

The amp plays a major role, but any fender amp will get that on any setting, plus reverb or chorus pedal.
All right well I have a strat and a tele so I'm set instrument wise. I have a fender and vox amp. So you think a glass slide would be best? Thanks.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?

Quote by metallica724
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and Voc VT30. I assume the Deluxe would definitely be better for this. Hmm... what tone settings you think?
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?

Quote by metallica724
Set everything to 12 o' clock, use the clean channel, and switch the the neck middle pickup on the strat, or the neck pickup on the tele. Set the tone on the guitars to 2-5 depending on when it gets that really hollow sound with no high end, kind of like a blanket over your amp. The type of slide you use is irrelevant, but it is usually better to use metal slides on electric guitars.

If you still don't have enough low or your picking is too defined, pick softer and turn the bass up on the amp, or lower the mids and highs. Alternately, you can raise the mids and lower the highs, but this leads to a rather nasally sound.
All right. Thanks guys!
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?

Quote by metallica724