Probably is worth about $990USD which is the Ebay price, however Japanese made guitars usually sell for alot less I think. I can't really say though, I'm not American, and the value for money in the USA is way better.
If the only one you can find is priced at $990, then the price is $990. Doesn't mean that the value is $990, but that's the price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320418053422&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

the price is $990.00 USD

Its only got a gotoh floyd... idk if i'd buy that if i were you.
PROS: LOOKS AMAZING.
CONS: made in japan, gotoh floyd, 22frets.

You know if you really like this guitar... cuz it is BEUTIFULL... i'd buy something with the same sort of look. have something made by the company CARVIN they make custom guitars for ppl and ther offering some BIG deals now till dec 1st.
Quote by zappmi35

Uhh.. I dont ever remember MIJ and Gotoh Floyd being bad things. Japanese guitars are as good as American ones, sometimes even better. And AFAIK the best floyds are Gotoh, Schaller or Original.
Last edited by Ali-b912 at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by Ali-b912
Uhh.. I dont ever remember MIJ and Gotoh Floyd being bad things. Japanese guitars are as good as American ones, sometimes even better. And AFAIK the best floyds are Gotoh, Schaller or Original.

They're not, i don't know what he's talking about... I don't know how Heartfields are but they seem pretty good. I wouldn't buy a guitar without trying it though.
I've played nearly every major brand of guitar, and I can say from experience that Japanese made guitars are far better than American. A real ESP or a Prestige Ibanez play much better than an American Strat or a Gibson. Just throwing that out. If you plan on getting it just to collect it, then I'd say go for it since it's rare. It probably plays well too, though I agree with zappmi35 about the floyd. Everything else should be awesome though.
Quote by Offworld92
I've played nearly every major brand of guitar, and I can say from experience that Japanese made guitars are far better than American. A real ESP or a Prestige Ibanez play much better than an American Strat or a Gibson. Just throwing that out. If you plan on getting it just to collect it, then I'd say go for it since it's rare. It probably plays well too, though I agree with zappmi35 about the floyd. Everything else should be awesome though.

Have you had any experience with Gotoh floyd roses?

Quote by zappmi35
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320418053422&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

the price is $990.00 USD

Its only got a gotoh floyd... idk if i'd buy that if i were you.
PROS: LOOKS AMAZING.

You know if you really like this guitar... cuz it is BEUTIFULL... i'd buy something with the same sort of look. have something made by the company CARVIN they make custom guitars for ppl and ther offering some BIG deals now till dec 1st.

Same question with you have you dealt with a gotoh floyd rose? Or are you just saying it's a con because you've never heard of it? And what the **** since when was stuff being made in japan such a con? And 22 frets a con? Well do you just take anything you don't like and instantly make it a bad thing? Bloody hell you're a bigger noob then I am.

And ts http://www.heartfield-central.com/ they may be able to source you a model or one of them may sell you one on their forum.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Nov 10, 2009,
why is 22 frets a con?
how many frets would you like?
the Danelectro Longhorn has 31 frets! by result the pickups are so close together that they each have to be filtered through capacitors to make them sound like rhythm and lead.
21 frets means you can place the neck pickup an octave above the 12 fret (the optimum place) without compromising neck stability
having 24 frets makes that impossible, but if you are a shredder then you won't be so worried about the tone that you are missing out on by having the neck pickup a bit lower.

lecture over, but defo not a con
The auction closed with no bids so $990.00 is probably too high for it. If it was worth the asking price or more there would have been bids on it. Save a link to his profile he will probably relist it later.

I don't know if I would pay $800.00 for it myself but if that's what your willing to pay go for it. Until today I never heard of Heartfield but it looks from what I have read Fender has something to do with them and they sound like they are built well.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by Offworld92

there are some really quality american guitars, but mostly you are paying for the brand. you're statement is true. an esp will destroy a gibson any day. same with ibanez.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by zappmi35

Cons???
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
I'm just laughing at you guys stating that any one guitar will "outplay" another guitar, based solely on your preference for a brand name. I've owned and played dozens of guitar from a lot of different manufacturers and most of the big name ones and the one thing I've learned above all else are that every single guitar plays and feels different. You can walk into a store and play two of the same make/model/color guitars sitting next to each other on the wall and they will feel very different. I've played a $250 Ibanez RG that felt like it was touched by the hand of god and I've played a $3,500 PRS that I wouldn't have paid $500 for except to resell it. I've played Jems and Prestiges that felt horrible and Mexican Strats that felt great.

The other big thing to keep in mind that one guitar "feeling" and playing better than another is personal preference. I own a few Ibanez Prestiges, Gibson Les Pauls, and Fender Strats, and I can say for a fact that feel-wise my favorite is the Strat. But it has pros and cons that make me enjoy playing each for different reasons, same as all of my other guitars. I've yet to find a "perfect" guitar and I highly doubt I ever will. The more guitars you play, the more you start to realize this.

And another thing to keep in mind is that guitars grow on you the more you play them. They sort of become your own, if that makes sense. I still love the feel of my Gibson The Paul II, even though it's just a $700 no-frills Les Paul, and a lot of it probably has to do with the fact that it was my first real electric and I grew up playing it for hours a day for years.
Last edited by PSM at Nov 12, 2009,
Quote by PSM
I'm just laughing at you guys stating that any one guitar will "outplay" another guitar, based solely on your preference for a brand name. I've owned and played dozens of guitar from a lot of different manufacturers and most of the big name ones and the one thing I've learned above all else are that every single guitar plays and feels different. You can walk into a store and play two of the same make/model/color guitars sitting next to each other on the wall and they will feel very different. I've played a $250 Ibanez RG that felt like it was touched by the hand of god and I've played a $3,500 PRS that I wouldn't have paid $500 for except to resell it. I've played Jems and Prestiges that felt horrible and Mexican Strats that felt great.

The other big thing to keep in mind that one guitar "feeling" and playing better than another is personal preference. I own a few Ibanez Prestiges, Gibson Les Pauls, and Fender Strats, and I can say for a fact that feel-wise my favorite is the Strat. But it has pros and cons that make me enjoy playing each for different reasons, same as all of my other guitars. I've yet to find a "perfect" guitar and I highly doubt I ever will. The more guitars you play, the more you start to realize this.

And another thing to keep in mind is that guitars grow on you the more you play them. They sort of become your own, if that makes sense. I still love the feel of my Gibson The Paul II, even though it's just a $700 no-frills Les Paul, and a lot of it probably has to do with the fact that it was my first real electric and I grew up playing it for hours a day for years.

have to agree with you. Sure I have found my guitar with the perfect feel and playability, but it's impossible to find a guitar with a perfect sound. That's why us guitarists (the ones who have the means anyway) buy different guitars and amps, so we can get different sounds.

in short, the build quality of some guitars may be better than others, but feel, sound, etc... are all a matter of opinion. I know guys that can shred like crazy on a stratocaster, but can't do a damn thing when they pick up an ibanez
^Not necessarily I mean blind buys can be good but the one thing you need to know is that since you can't expect to know what the neck will feel like you really do need to be open to what style of neck it is if you want to like the guitar. There's nothing worse then buying a guitar that isn't too your style.
Quote by Pac_man0123
They're not, i don't know what he's talking about... I don't know how Heartfields are but they seem pretty good. I wouldn't buy a guitar without trying it though.

tsk tsk... yes, MIJ guitars are amazing. Bunch of facking noobs I must say. hmm, ESP = MADE IN JAPAN. Best damn metal guitars out there.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
If you don't know how much it is worth you should probably pass on it. It seems like you're not really into it enough and you could get ripped off in some way. If you were more into it you would have already known if you wanted to buy it or not, Besides, Is it really "Rare" as it says?

By the way, There's nothing wrong with passing it up if you're not going to miss it. I passed on a Mosrite Brass Rail guitar in the last week. I wonder if it had one of those bad necks that I heard about? (That guitar had to be made to extremely precise specifications, The one I was looking at was made out of leftover parts)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by lethaldosage45
tsk tsk... yes, MIJ guitars are amazing. Bunch of facking noobs I must say. hmm, Caparison = MADE IN JAPAN. Best damn metal guitars out there.

Edited for truth!
Quote by Beng001
the seller offered me the guitar for 700$!!
to buy it or not?

I would still probably pass (my opinion). You could use the $700 towards something else. It's been for sale for a while for a reason. The ebay listing ended nearly three months ago.
Quote by Beng001
the seller offered me the guitar for 700$!!
to buy it or not?

Do you really want to buy it or not? You don't need to feel pressured into buying it 'cos it seems like a one off deal it can come again at a cheaper price.