i was wondering if anyone had advice for me, im playing bass and singing for my band and i was wondering if anyone had some pointers for me for keeping my voice on key, and tips for keeping on task with both vocals and bass, if anyone could give me advice on that it would be appreciated.
Practice and record yourself singing. Oh and then practice some more. But really recording yourself is the best way to hear where you are on and off, and then work at it.
like he said, practice and lots of it. its not exactly the easiest thing to do sometimes
Yes.....practice. Also, use a metronome while you practice. It'll help keep the tempo steady while you're trying to sing and play at the same time.
If you're playing with a bass, it would help to start off with if you're playing simple rhythms, or rhythms the same as what you are singing. There's also the obvious singing techniques, diaphragm out etc, but other than that just keep practising.
Also it helps if you really know a song very well. If you listen to it a lot and you can play the bass part easily without concentrating too hard and sing it perfectly then you should find it quite easily to play and sing together. I've recently learned Heart-shaped Box by Nirvana(guitar and vocals) and find it so easy to do both together because I know the song well. And like these guys say, practice is the key. Keep it up
Tune and coordinate your voice with de sound of your bass, it really hepls!
Quote by Captain Capo
A capo will help you stay in key

No it won't...
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Traditionally we look at flute technique in 3 levels, primary, secondary and advanced. The primary level is the basics of playing, the secondary level is skills needed to play traditional classical music, while the advanced level is skills that are needed in 20C and contemporary music (often seen as special effects) or skills that will enhance general playing giving an edge in the competitive job market.

In 1986 the flutist Robert Dick released the book "Tone Development through Extended Techniques" (pub. Multiple Breath Music Company), aimed at intermediate and advanced players to give them a way into these new techniques, but at the same time showing that working with these techniques would help in improving general playing. After working with the techniques myself I became convinced of the benefits. I wondered if there was any reason that a young flutist should wait until Conservatory level to start working on them and began to employ specific techniques in my teaching, at first to work on specific problems in more advanced pupils, but later with new beginners to more rapidly advance progress.

I found that as time went on I was more likely to be introducing some advanced techniques long before other more traditional secondary techniques. The boundary between secondary and advanced techniques had become unclear and I no longer thought of extended techniques as advanced, they were classed together with the other secondary skills.
This has brought about a change in my flute teaching philosophy.
================================================
Pregancy and Bariatric Surgery
Ski Holidays France
Quote by Ganoosh
No it won't...

sure it will you just change the key to match your voice therefore staying in key, might be kind of hard todo on the bass though