I'm looking to buy a record player and buy some of my favourite records and buy a valve (tube) amp and good speakers. Any recommendations of brands to buy?

I had considered buying a 20w mesa boogie poweramp and using it for both (with seperate preamps obviously) but i dont know if that is feasible.
Quote by captaincrunk
You don't want tube for audio applications.

I do. Ive tried valve amps with hifi gear before and they sound amazing.
Quote by captaincrunk
You don't want tube for audio applications.

Most wrong statement in the world.

I'm not too up on whats a good amp these days, anything by mcintosh will be good, but hella expensive.

But hey, if your going vintage records, why not vintage amplification?. A Phase Linear 700b is a beast of an amp. Its not Tube, but you can get a good condition one for about $700 and still have extremely good sound.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
Quote by MLilienthal
A poweramp made for guitar specifically won't sound good for playing records through

poweramps arent made specifically for guitar, they are used for PA and many applications.
that particular tube amp MIGHT not sound bad for general purpose audio applications like listening to music and the like.. but i think you'd be hard pressed to find a set of full range speakers that'd match its output and ohm rating.

Tube hifi are usually quite a bit more expensive, but far sexier and have the more standard speaker connections

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
poweramps arent made specifically for guitar, they are used for PA and many applications.

haha you're right i'm tired and not thinking today sorry