I have an Epiphone Goth G-400, and it still has the stock pickups that came with it, which are okay, but I'm getting tired of them.

I'm looking for pickups that will help me sound as close as possible to Jade Puget from AFI. So I was thinking Gibson pickups, maybe the 490T and 490R? But I'm not sure. Any suggestions or thoughts would be awesome.

The guitar has a mahogany body, and I play through a Peavey Vypyr combo if you want to know.

This is my first post by the way, so yay for me.
If you want to match the Gibson SG pickups you're looking at 490R neck & 498T in the bridge.
Quote by Fallen Kwala
We need to know what type of music you play?

He said he wanted a Jade Puget from AFI sound.

Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah
TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Noir
Joyo Vintage Overdrive
ZVex Box of Rock
Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl
TC Electronic Flashback
Neunaber Seraphim + EXP
Hotone Wally
haha this is painful. i just had to ask about changin' my pick-ups and i had to go through the whole Active or Passive? quest. Go to the guitar center, check out some guitars as close to yours as you can get (obviously there arent going to be exact replicas) that have different pick-ups and just play to see what sound you like. Then see if you can work with those pick-ups.

Really, it's kind of a shit situation but thats the best way i can think of to do it.
Well that's another thing that I considered AlexAngus, I don't know if he uses the stock Gibson pickups or not. I can't find any site that says for sure.