So my cousin got the Presonus FireBox last year, and it came bundled with Cubase. I'm wanting to start recording some of my own stuff soon, and FireBox seems to fit my needs and my budget. But it doesn't come with Cubase anymore, it comes with Studio One, which is apparently Presonus' ground-up software. Anybody work with it or know anything about it? I'd like to know what exactly I'm getting.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Last edited by BlindSilence917 at Nov 10, 2009,
i tried the demo when in was released a few months back.

it seems to be pretty ok, it does all the usual stuff, but i wasn't impressed in any way.
I'm running Studio One on my Mac and actually like it a lot... The Amp Sim included with it "AMPIRE" is nice too - I like the DAW, Like the plug-ins and am using it more and more. I also have Logic 9 but seem to like using Studio One more and more.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by BlindSilence917
So my cousin got the Presonus FireBox last year, and it came bundled with Cubase. I'm wanting to start recording some of my own stuff soon, and FireBox seems to fit my needs and my budget. But it doesn't come with Cubase anymore, it comes with Studio One, which is apparently Presonus' ground-up software. Anybody work with it or know anything about it? I'd like to know what exactly I'm getting.

It's an ok software but still wont beat those high end paid for sequencers like Sonar Studio or Producer.

I like it better than Reaper though....Tested mine with the PreSonus FP10.