ok long story short i broke the speaker on my guitar amp, and was wondering if could turn it into a bass amp somehow. PS sorry ifthis is hard to read or understand i'm typing on my psp
um... ok I was playing some things for a sunday school class(the little kids). anywase when I was packing up to leave I droped my 25 watt guitar amp, and now there is a hole in the actual speaker part every thing else on it works. I was wondering if I replaced the speaker if i could convert it into a bass amp.

I would have posted the long story, but I was typing on my psp and typing on one of those sucks.
It *MIGHT* make a small practice amp, that's about it. And the voicing is probably all wrong.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
It is possible, but it requires replacement of the circuit board components and tweaking their values and such. In my opinion, it's not worth the money and time.
Quote by redneckrebel
ok long story short i broke the speaker on my guitar amp, and was wondering if could turn it into a bass amp somehow. PS sorry ifthis is hard to read or understand i'm typing on my psp
Install a speaker that's capable of handling the lower frequencies on a bass. Most guitar amps just have extra shiz you don't need for a bass, but are essentially the same. Some bass amps have slightly different component values in the tonestack than their guitar amp cousins, but a few are exactly the same.

So yeah. Just get a speaker that can handle the extra beef and you can play a bass through it. If it's a wimpy little amp, it's still gonna be wimpy though. And you need an amp that has some decent power to be able to create enough volume at lower frequencies. If your expectations are low, you won't be disappointed. If you're expecting magic, that's not gonna happen.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.