Hey all...

I've got a an ESP F-250, which I use in my band. We play in Drop A and I've been using 10-46 guage strings. The problem is that I've wanted to go thicker for a while and now we are recording an EP, it's been recommended that our guitars be set up for thicker strings. I'm wondering what is the thickest guage strings that a Floyd Rose can cope with, and what other people are/have been using for dropped/lower tunings on a floating trem.
Really, you can use any gauge you want. If you cant get the trem level, there are shorter springs you can buy to get the tension it needs to be level. I keep my guitars in standard mostly, but for Drop A I'd probably use 11-56's. You will need to get the guitar set up, but once its set up right it should be fine.
I had the same problem with my band.
12-56 works fine, or you can even put on a seven string set without the thin E (that's what i did and it worked perfectly).
oh yeah, we play in drop B or lower tunes
you can go pretty low dude
I've done mine in c standard
with GHS 11's
lovely thing about floyds no nuts to adjust
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
for drop A... probably 12's or 13's if you like tension. 11's for looser tension.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by littlephil
Really, you can use any gauge you want. If you cant get the trem level, there are shorter springs you can buy to get the tension it needs to be level. I keep my guitars in standard mostly, but for Drop A I'd probably use 11-56's. You will need to get the guitar set up, but once its set up right it should be fine.

Thats the gauge I use for E standard lol

personally 14-62 is good at Drop A and yes you can tune them to E standard just
a tad bit tight, the 14's can tune two notes higher than E before breaking

Of course if you know how to adjust the truss rod

just use 11-52 for A----C and 14-62 for C-----G#