Page 1 of 2
What do you want your musical future to be?? Do you want it to remain as a hobby? Professional Musician? Gig or two every now and then?

I know I'll be doing a few gigs now and then and try to sell some Cd's through the web, but thats all.

Your turn.
I never set out any goals, that way I'm never disappointed with my progress. It works perfectly!
hobby... with 1 or 2 extra gigs in between downtime. lol
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
For now, a hobby.
It would nice to be considered a musician some time.
I plan to write Blackend Thrash Metal in a 3 piece band and be like my heroes ( Bathory and Venom ) but i think my solos will be a lot better.
Just because i love a good guitar solo and i'd love to make some good ones.
Professional musician
im really hoping and going for this one like its all i want to/can do

(by pro i dont mean like hardcore touring band that everyone knows just being able to live off of it as a job)
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
i would LOVE to be a professional musician, but that probably won't work out, so i would like to keep it as it is with gigging every now and then, but i would like to make money doing some gigs.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
I just want to have fun. as a Professional musician i cannot acomplish most of my goals and plus i'd rather not sully my hobby
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Definitely a touring musician. Right now its all studio. But my writing goal for a long time has been to compose a fugue. I still can't do it haha.
I am currently working on writing some songs. I hope I can really express myself in my music, so it can kind of become an outlet. I also hope I can properly record them so I can start spreading it and see if anyone likes it.
I wanna sell Cd's, do tours and stuff. Firstly I wanna get good at singing and piano playing so that I can try some solo work because bands keep failing on me. It's definately more than a hobby for me. You don't spend 4 years obsessing over something to shelf it now.
Current goal: Get a band together

Goal after that: Get my band known somehow

Final goal: Guitar god
DeVillains!
Err... study audio engineering and do some little projects?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
To play and record music that I really like
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Get payed for writing performing, or composing music.
Call me Batman.
I'd love to tour, but I don't think that'll end up happening due to lack of musicians wherever I end up.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Hobby, and if I get good enough I would love to gig once in awhile.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
...wait.
Study audio engineering.
Kidnap hot 14 yr old.
Arrange music.
Autotune.
???
PROFIT!

Also, I like black.

I'd like to do some session work for big solo artists someday. I think that would be fairly laid back work, you wouldn't have to get too involved in it, and if you had another career, it wouldn't interfere with it.
Quote by CrimsonHorn
I'd like to do some session work for big solo artists someday. I think that would be fairly laid back work, you wouldn't have to get too involved in it, and if you had another career, it wouldn't interfere with it.

Session work will be intensive. You basically need to be free at any time for auditions, recording, tour support etc. It isn't exactly laid back- it's largely on reputation and you need to keep pushing your reputation. It really isn't a laid back job by any stretch.
a few gigs and gain a fanbase then who knows.........
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
Well I plan on going to college to pursue a degree in music and theatre and perhaps a masters in theatre, so musicals is where I want to be. Not necessarily acting, but something along those lines.
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
I decided last year it would remain as a hobby, cos I'd achieved pretty much everything I'd set out to do, and everything on top of that since has been a blessing. The list so far, is:

-play an open air festival
-busk
-play abroad
-support a professional band
-play a paid gig
-session work
-various academic achievements
-make a decent amount of money off of music
-teach/inspire someone else
-win a 'Battle of the Bands' competition
-represent the school and Diocese
-recorded an album
-played for numerous functions (parties, liturgies, church ensemble etc.)
-been told by strangers on the street your band/gig/you were real good

Whatever else happens, is just fortunate and fun.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Session work will be intensive. You basically need to be free at any time for auditions, recording, tour support etc. It isn't exactly laid back- it's largely on reputation and you need to keep pushing your reputation. It really isn't a laid back job by any stretch.

Hell, not to mention being given a piece of music in the morning or whatever and having to play it, flawlessly, for a recording that same day.
Last edited by SomeEvilDude at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by SomeEvilDude

Hell, not to mention being given a piece of music in the morning or whatever and having to play it, flawlessly, for a recording that same day.

Not to mention that half of these songs are easy pop songs.

Also, I like black.

Just get better in general, guitar has always been a hobby and passion for me. Just have a jam, try and out perform friends I've never wanted to be famous.
i'd just like to do some home recordings of music i like, maybe stick to small local shows, put a few albums out on the internet for free. i'd like to keep it a bit more of a hobby than a career.

but i don't think i'd mind if i happened to catch a break
Quote by Dawnwalker

Which is why you're a recognised musician with shedloads of work coming in, right?

Oh wait.
Quote by Dawnwalker

You'd be surprised. A lot of pop actually has rather intricate lines, very syncopated lines and vary varied lines. In the same session you could be playing a funk disco style pop song, and then a latin jazz based one. Then it's the sheer amount of have to learn in a short amount of time. Being a session musician is not easy.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You'd be surprised. A lot of pop actually has rather intricate lines, very syncopated lines and vary varied lines. In the same session you could be playing a funk disco style pop song, and then a latin jazz based one. Then it's the sheer amount of have to learn in a short amount of time. Being a session musician is not easy.

Also NOTATION PEOPLE. They don't hand out tabs for you to glance over.
Touring in a band, not exactly famous but respected in the underground death metal scene, and teaching guitar on the side when i have time.
Make a living out of producing, have a pretty good home studio, and record music on the side, while maybe doing some gigs.

Wouldn't mind organising/setting up gigs and festivals too.
It's gonna be a blue day
Hm, I want to start a band, sing in it and play guitar. Record the hundreds of songs I've written and be heard.
I also want to become a well known Opera Singer.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

My goal is nothing special, I'm satisfied with a gig every week or 2.
It's purely a hobby for me, I've long since given up on being good enough to do anything else
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Page 1 of 2