Hey. I'm a college freshman now, and in the summer, I was starting to learn how to play acoustic guitar. With college here, I moved into a dorm and I decided not to bring my guitar because I was fairly new and I didn't want to seem like one of those people who pretend to know how to play guitar in college, but really don't. But the thing is, I really loved practicing to try to get better over the summer. I came home for a weekend, and when I played, it relieved stress and made me so happy. I really want to practice and learn more guitar on my own in college, but I don't want to be embarrassed though... I just want to get better. Should I bring it?
bring it. practice. relieve stress. it DOES help. it's basically musical therapy for you. college is rough. you need something to relieve some of the stress.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
No one is gunna think you're pretending if you sit practicing as opposed to telling them all you're amazing already. Bring it, you'll regret it if you don't.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Yah bring it. I chain my guitar cases to my bed post and lock them too just in case. ( I have an electric and acoustic up here right now)
Definitely bring it. I am in my exam period now, and I have never played more bass in a two week period. Seems like I'm picking it up every half hour to procrastinate
YES , my old teacher used to say that "Less stress means Success", just dont dress like a douchebag, sit under a tree and play guitar. and just practice, dont say your already amazing at it. but that doesnt mean don't show off your guitar virtuosity, just dont be an anoying douche about it
Last edited by Firering56 at Nov 10, 2009,
Of course bring it... But if you sit outside strumming and singing whilst staring into the air and pretending to be really "feeling it" then I may just have to shoot you.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Totally bring it. About being embarrassed about not playing well yet - that's all in how you sell it. If you're honest and say "I'm just starting out", then no-one will have any expectations and think badly of you. We all started out and knew nothing at one point.
Quote by lildude_6859
bring it. practice. relieve stress. it DOES help. it's basically musical therapy for you. college is rough. you need something to relieve some of the stress.

I absolutely agree with this. It's a HUGE stress reliever. I don't play that well, but I also know that anyone who would make fun of you for not being able to play stairway or something is a douchebag and they shouldn't be in your dorm room.

Nobody worth any salt would make fun of a baby for crawling before they can run.
Thanks for the replies. I'll be bringing it the next time I go home. I'll be sure to stay away from under trees xD
yeah take it, you`ll find other players and when you play with other player you improve very quickly