I have been playing guitar for about a year now just doing tab work then i stopped for about 3 months and i started playing again recently and I am completely lost, and I was wondering "If I was wanting to learn guitar guitar again, the right way (I want to eventually write/record my own music) where would be a good place to start (music theory, chords, scales, technique etc..)" So where would be a good place to start and progressively work up to?
Are you looking for someone to teach you, or would you like some websites recommended?

There isn't one correct way to learn guitar, but I thinks it would be a good idea for you to simply learn songs and keep your motivation high. Theory and scale practice can be a bit demoralising.

And of cause, there are loads of lessons and columns on the subject of learning guitar.
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius
If you're planning on writing your own stuff, theory really helps, but it's not required. Other than that, scales (major, minor, pentatonic, blues), and open and barre chords. That should keep you busy for a while.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
This site is, in my opinion, the best site for beginners:
www.justinguitar.com

Just work your way through The Beginners Course and you should have a really solid ground to move on in whatever direction you want. Also, you should check out the Blues Lead Guitar series, it's really good.