Hello folks! I'm gonna order soon a custom guitar.
And I was wondering about the fretboard Radius...What to choose? A smaller or a bigger radius? How does the radius affect the playability of the guitar?
Small radius is easier to make chords. Not very good for extreme bends Larger radius is easier for shredding and bending. If your ordering a neck check out Warmoth.com they have a compound radius that gets great review goes from 10 to 16m.
They have a chart on the site talking about the differences

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
If you have to ask these questions on the forums you haven't done enough research IMO. Send an email to the luthier with any other questions you have before asking for a price quote. You really do need to be certain as to what you want as it's not simple or cheap to start changing parts halfway through a build.
It's really a matter of your playing style! Too small a radius and your strings will "fret out" when they are moved across the fingerboard sideways during a bend. If you want to be able to do proper bends (1 to 1-1/2 tones) you need at least a 10 inch radius if not 12. Fender uses smaller, 7-1/2 is vintage while 9 is modern. Gibson, Epiphone is 12 while many others are 10. As mentioned Warmoth has a compound radius where the lower egisters are 10 and it slowly moves up to 16 in the higher registers.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
It's really a matter of your playing style! Too small a radius and your strings will "fret out" when they are moved across the fingerboard sideways during a bend. If you want to be able to do proper bends (1 to 1-1/2 tones) you need at least a 10 inch radius if not 12. Fender uses smaller, 7-1/2 is vintage while 9 is modern. Gibson, Epiphone is 12 while many others are 10. As mentioned Warmoth has a compound radius where the lower egisters are 10 and it slowly moves up to 16 in the higher registers.

That sounds interesting. I guess a compound radius would be a good choice