Page 1 of 3
A Mindf*ck thread with a twist.

Have any of you ever shat bricks through anything musical? I'll give some examples.

Visually:
-The day I found out that the nerdy singer in 3 Inches Of Blood was the screamer and the rugged beard guy was the falsetto singer (yes I know the screamer, Hooper I believe it is, isn't in the band anymore.)

Soundwise:
-The extremely loud burst of noise at the end of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt"
-The combination of Tool's "Wings prt. 1" and the last song played ontop of "10'000 Days" makes one well-synched super song. I gave birth to a house that day.

Your turn!
"Pandermonic Hyperblast" really got me by surprise. I didn't take the title literally. Lol.
omg I played starwasy to hevAn backwards and i hurd robrt plant say SATAN!!!111
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
omg I played starwasy to hevAn backwards and i hurd robrt plant say SATAN!!!111

well done

cool thread OP
signed,
your favorite poster
The lyrics in "Tout le Monde" by megadeth took me by surprise.

I had been listening to it quite a lot, but it had never struck me, that it might be about suicide.

Until I started singing along to "So as you read this my friends, I'd love to stay with you all"

Oh shit!
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
-The combination of Tool's "Wings prt. 1" and the last song played ontop of "10'000 Days" makes one well-synched super song.

I am confused.

To contribute, though, the first time I listened to Explosions in the Sky. It was about three in the morning and I was half awake. It was one of the most beautiful things ever.
@ R0B0_Ninja

LIEK OMG LOL ITS ABOUT SAYING GOOD BYE WHEN YOU DEAD, LIEK OMG

on topic:

This album. I heard it, and i thought it was awesome, but i can't put my finger on it. It sounds like all the other bands out there, but yet again it doesen't, also the song with semen on mountaintops.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by archangels666
I am confused.

To contribute, though, the first time I listened to Explosions in the Sky. It was about three in the morning and I was half awake. It was one of the most beautiful things ever.

yeah it's a lot less impressive if your brain fully understands what is going on
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by archangels666
I am confused.

Ok.
I am half tired so I'll try again XD

On Tool's album 10'000 days, there is the song 10'000 Days (but of course). The song before acts as an introductory song, called Wings For Mary. There is an abstract instrumental song at the end of the album. Combine the song Wings and the last song, then play them ontop of 10'000 Days. It's pretty intense stuff.
Quote by wemonir
yeah it's a lot less impressive if your brain fully understands what is going on

If you're referring to EitS, you can kindly go have sex with yourself, good sir.

AÆdit:
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
On Tool's album 10'000 days, there is the song 10'000 Days (but of course). The song before acts as an introductory song, called Wings For Mary. There is an abstract instrumental song at the end of the album. Combine the song Wings and the last song, then play them ontop of 10'000 Days. It's pretty intense stuff.

So I have to combine three songs? Sounds intriguing. Maybe I'll try it some time.
Last edited by archangels666 at Nov 10, 2009,
I was surprised to find out that Tony Iommi uses 0.08 - 0.32 guage strings. That's some mean-ass sound from some flimsy damn strings!
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Quote by Sewe Dae
I was surprised to find out that Tony Iommi uses 0.08 - 0.32 guage strings. That's some mean-ass sound from some flimsy damn strings!
They're probably more suited for SGs than say guitars with Floyd Roses.
Obfuscation by Between the Buried & Me

The entire song is one massive awesome mind ****
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Have any of you ever shat bricks through anything musical? I'll give some examples.

Visually:
-The day I found out that the nerdy singer in 3 Inches Of Blood was the screamer and the rugged beard guy was the falsetto singer (yes I know the screamer, Hooper I believe it is, isn't in the band anymore.)

none for me personally, but this reminds me of the time i sang deadly sinners by 3 inches of blood in front of my little sister. her reaction was hilarious. i think those high notes are like A5's or something. she was even more shocked when i hit a high C. that's not a note a guy should ever hit
decided to make a template for this thread

[your favorite album] made me shit bricks xD [guitarist] is total mind****. so cool
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by wemonir
decided to make a template for this thread

[your favorite album] made me shit bricks xD [guitarist] is total mind****. so cool

Because what, like three people have done that?

Lame joke is lame.
DSOtM.
It's ending was too harsh.
Goddamn you 40 minutes of win!
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by archangels666
Because what, like three people have done that?

Lame joke is lame.

im leaving this thread you are too mean
signed,
your favorite poster
Primus.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by archangels666

Please become on topic. Like the time that the beatles say funny things at the ending of Sgt. Pepper Lonely Heart Clubband. That made me very scared at first but now I love it.
signed,
your favorite poster
I was at a show seeing MyChildren MyBride and The Crimson Armada.
When Armada came on this Middle Eastern looking guy with like an Afro and Thick Glasses came on stage mic checking. I thought "Okay. Roadie." But then he starts busting screams out....... Bricks were shat....
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
Last edited by special_kae_911 at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by Sewe Dae

Tony Iommi had a accident in his late teens that chopped off the tips of some of his fingers. He made some sort of wax fingertip gloves for them which allowed him to play. Thats probably why he uses such light strings.
Quote by Gakbez
@ R0B0_Ninja

LIEK OMG LOL ITS ABOUT SAYING GOOD BYE WHEN YOU DEAD, LIEK OMG

on topic:

This album. I heard it, and i thought it was awesome, but i can't put my finger on it. It sounds like all the other bands out there, but yet again it doesen't, also the song with semen on mountaintops.

HOLY SHIT!
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
The very first time i started listening to Buckethead a long time ago, soothsayer, all in the waiting. Just amazing pieces of music
Quote by MightyAl
Could be worse. Though from time to time, I would like to shoot them with rocket-propelled chainsaws.
the first time i heard the outro solo on "comfortably numb" i couldnt even describe it that honestly was the first solo i heard that made me realize solos dont have to be played at three million bps to wow the shit out of people.

"comfortably numb" by pink floyd
Last edited by Jman09 at Nov 10, 2009,
When I found out that the "For meeeeeeeeee" bit before the riff in Bohemian Rhapsody was actually Roger Taylor, the drummer.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
When I found out that the "For meeeeeeeeee" bit before the riff in Bohemian Rhapsody was actually Roger Taylor, the drummer.

Yaaaaaaaay! One of my fave drummers.
Quote by Rebel Scum
Tony Iommi had a accident in his late teens that chopped off the tips of some of his fingers. He made some sort of wax fingertip gloves for them which allowed him to play. Thats probably why he uses such light strings.

Ya don't say
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
When I found out Rob Flynn from Machine Head wasn't as ugly as I thought he'd be.
Quote by dgme92

Roger is simply too amazing for words. Awesome drummer AND singer. At the same time.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Gyroscope
Primus.

For me, it was the day I dicovered the magic of stereo effects, listening to Led Zep's Whole Lotta Love with cranked headphones and leaping out of my seat when the slidey bits came in.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I gave birth to a brick the day I found out the lead singer of Rush was actually male.

That reminds me of this time I was hanging out at a friends house, and I put on Rush's first album in his record player. I was like "shit shit shit" when it first came on, because I thought I had put it on the wrong speed. I hadn't.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by The_Casinator
When I found out Rob Flynn from Machine Head wasn't as ugly as I thought he'd be.

Kinda the opposite for Origin. XD
I heard the vocalist and imagined someone short in stature and had very long hair.
Nope. Big and bald with a goattee. 0_o
Page 1 of 3