So I come back from a hard day at University. It was tough. So hard to stay awake during those lectures. And I find this outside my room.

Woah. Big box. So I opens it.

Box in another box! This better be no Russian Doll style bollocks!

Peavey box! I don't quite recollect ordering a Peavey bass.

Or did I!?

Oh yeah, I ordered that Peavey Milestone 4 stringer. Was it really worth a NBD?

WTF IS THIS?!

Oh yeah. It's that Yamaha RBXJM2 I won on eBay 2 weeks ago for £280.

Despite the missing battery cover on the back, it's looking fine.

I think it will fit with my other bass.

EDIT: ^Damnit, you're not meant to post inbetween!

EDITx2: Okay, I lied, I never did order a Peavey bass whatsoever. It just came in a Peavey box!
Last edited by Mwoit at Nov 10, 2009,
ouch where you buy it from?

if its guitar guitar i would be rushing like hell to their store in Chirstorphin.

EDIT its a joke posy nice sexy bass :P congrats
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
it did make me lol for a bit, untill i saw ur second post....
whats the 6 string on the right?
does the neck have 2 truss rods *confused*

remember i have never touched anything apart from a good old 4 stringer or really looked at 5 and 6ers is it a standard thing?
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Razgriz_101

remember i have never touched anything apart from a good old 4 stringer or really looked at 5 and 6ers is it a standard thing?

You'll find dual truss rods in a number of basses and guitars. Not all, but a few. It basically increases stability of the neck, especially in areas subject to larger climate fluctuations. They do require a bit more work to set up properly though, for obvious reasons. I personally prefer the use of stiffening bars, keeping stability but making truss rod adjustments simpler.
nice story lol, and happy NBD!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by jb_reborn
it did make me lol for a bit, untill i saw ur second post....
whats the 6 string on the right?

It's a Carvin XB76. I also got this second hand and it was my first 'proper' bass. I moved from a millionth hand P bass copy that had ridiculous neck bow problems to that; needless to say I love it and I love 6 string basses!

I believe it's an active preamp with a 9V battery, I'm not 100% sure. As for the Carvin, I think that is also an activ preamp with 2 9V batteries through it.

As for the truss rods, I'm not sure if the Yamaha as dual trussrods, but I suspect it does since most 6 string basses come with dual trussrods. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

It's one dirty bass, the strings are ridiculously greasy and there's dust all over it. Time for some new strings and a wipe down it looks like!

Looks gorgeous! Way to get everyone with that box thing

Do you slap at all? Those things look like.... well, they look like great slap basses. I like Yams, they're dependable and don't sound too bad at all (:

Grats!
I don't slap much, and when I do, I suck. But the neck is rather slim and it feels nice enough to be a slapping bass.

I came. Thats a nice axe mang.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by Razgriz_101

Ricky basses have double truss rods as well....
Its pretty much a standard for sixers, the neck are so wide.
what use could you possibly have for it when the one on the left is so sexy!?!

i suggest you give it to me >_>