I know a lot of people have opinions on which pedals should come first and such, and I have no idea about that stuff. I don't know what makes a pedal need to come before another. Could someone give me a bit of background on this and maybe give me an opinion on the order my pedals should be in?

I have:
-POD 2.0
-Boss Ds-1
-Fromel Compressor
-EHX Screaming Bird Treble Booster
-Russian Big Muff
-Danelectro EQ
-Crybaby Wah

Thanks
well, depending on what type of music you play different pedals would be more useful. i see you already have a couple distortions (including the fuzz), a compressor and boost, an eq and a wah. a good start.

distortion gives the sound power.
compressor/eq gives it shape.
wah gives it tone.

you could try some shifting pedals, such as delay, phaser, flanger, octaver, etc. it really depends on what music you listen to and what you play/want to play. it looks like you have a good start tho.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
^ TS was asking which order the pedals should be in his signal path, methinks.

I'd probably go with something like this:

Guitar > Wah > compressor > EQ > DS1 > Big Muff > Treble Booster > POD > Amp
he's actually asking how he should connect them up, not what to buy.

Im No expert but in my guitar magazine they had a feature about the order of pedals to optimise tone.
-you want ur compressor 1st
-big muff
-eq
-wah
-treble booster

and im not sure about the pod. Hope this helps

P.s. an excerpt read "The compressor pedal comes first in your signal chain, then overdrive/distortion,wah, modulation effects (Chorus/flanger/phraser) and tremelo. Delay, vibrato and volume at the end
Guitars
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Ibanez DTX-120
Yamaha APX-500
Encore Fender Copy (Custom Hardware)
Epiphone Flying V Bass

Amps
Fender FM 25 DSP
Roland Microcube
Peavey Bass Amp

Pedals
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Boss Me-25
coming from the guitar.

I'd say go with Wah, Comp, Treble Booster, Big Muff, DS-1, EQ.

What exactly are you using the POD for?
If you're using it for modulation and time based effects (chorus, delay, flange, reverb) I'd say put it after the EQ. If you're using it for the distortion sounds, I'd say right after the DS-1.
I'm using it mostly for distortion, but some effects are added in from the POD as an addition to the tone
Quote by ACDCfrontman
"First" is considered first coming from the amp, or first coming from the guitar?

Nothing is coming from your amp, everything is coming from your guitar, so first is always guitar
Quote by Mathamology
^ TS was asking which order the pedals should be in his signal path, methinks.

I'd probably go with something like this:

Guitar > Wah > compressor > EQ > DS1 > Big Muff > Treble Booster > POD > Amp

this, but i'd put the EQ after the big muff or the big muff will cancel the eqing. also, i'd try to put the compressor after the muff and before the EQ, just to see what's up with that