Today at school i leaned over to the lights and saw EMG above it and started to wonder what it actually stands for?
Enlightenment? Maybe Google
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by tommyt
Electric Monkey Genitals.

I want to be in that band.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Electromiogram. Thats pretty much it :x
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Wow, people really are helpful around here. Even though he could just google it, take your lame-ass jokes to the pit
Yeah seriously guys has it ever occured to you that TS actually wants help.

"EMG" stands for "Electro-Magnetic Generator". From Wiki.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst

He got his answer in the first post, and then again in the 5th post.
Quote by Alex Vik
He got his answer in the first post, and then again in the 5th post.

I always though it was electromiogram since that word has to do with electrical waves and magnetism :S Was not trying to joke with it.

But now its nice to know what it really is =]
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Mini mods need to grow up and have some fun sometimes. He got his answer (which is easily found on google) and then some giggles.

Lighten up.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i actually did google it and now i feel really stupid ah well i love these threads because of the lulz
Quote by falconthefirst

This guy was just making sure the TS knew what it was. People will like to try and be funny by posting something wrong and odd. By doing this it just confuses the TS, happened to me when I made a thread about the pear and what I got was "One of the mods parents dyed in a pear related accident" I was like ok then...
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
This guy was just making sure the TS knew what it was. People will like to try and be funny by posting something wrong and odd. By doing this it just confuses the TS, happened to me when I made a thread about the pear and what I got was "One of the mods parents dyed in a pear related accident" I was like ok then...

...that...wasn't a joke you bastard.
EMG does actually stand for Electro-Magnetic Generator.

From EMGs site:

"ROB TURNER: In 1974, I started EMG in the back of my parents' garage by building various electronic gadgets and repairing amplifiers. I had played around with pickups as early as 1969 but didn't get around to "business" until a few years later.

We got our first business license under the name of Dirtywork Studios in April 1976. In 1978, we changed the name to Overlend, because we were overextended on credit and it sounded nice. In 1983 we became EMG, Inc. (the big time) and haven't looked back. Through all the company name changes the pickups were always known as EMG Pickups. Not many people know why we called them "EMG", but we'll let you in on the secret now - EMG stands for Electro-Magnetic Generator!"

John
Quote by Spaminator92
Wow, people really are helpful around here. Even though he could just google it, take your lame-ass jokes to the pit

Has it ever occurred to you that you know the forums aren't a substitute for google. If he wants good responses he's going to get shit responses, if he asks a question that can easily be answered via a quick 10 second google search then prepared to have the thread turn into a stupid answer thread. No one is forcing you to take the time out of your day to read all the responses and then bother to even reply to the thread. And yeah people are actually helpful did you care to see he had his own question answered within the first reply

Too many people not having a bloody laugh these days and taking the forums far too seriously.