Check out the My Apocalypse solo by Escape The Fate. I try to get it to sound right but i can't get the tap to sound loud. I tap and you can faintly hear it. I don't know if i'm doing it right.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Escape The Fate is awesome dude I don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Anyways... I however love playing the riff but you just have to hit the string with some force and pull off. Thats what i do anyways and it sounds alright to me.
How is a normal tap supose to sound? Like a regular note?
Quote by PsiGuy60
Like a hammeron would from your left hand (loud enough and clear, hopefully).

What my question meant is, can you tap well but are having problems with this, or do you have trouble with tapping in general?
I have problems with tapping in general. My hammer-ons in general are good but my pulloffs sound like crap.
Quote by PsiGuy60
What you're probably missing is the little "pluck" of the string. You don't just lift your finger - you deliberately give the string a tiny pluck so that the next note rings out properly. It's all detailed a little more in the sticky.
Large amounts of distortion, using pedal dist and amp dist etc etc
They all add to how clear your tap is, just mess around with different settings. With me one of the main factors is whether I use finger or pick, I find using a pick to tap produces a much clearer and louder note.
Tbh, distortion etc just compresses your sound - it makes quiet noises (your taps) louder relative to loud ones.

You don't need any compression to tap well - theres loads of guys who tap on acoustics for a living.
Acoustics??!!! Wow I need to see that.
Quote by PsiGuy60