I decided to build (assemble) a Telecaster relying on getting parts off of eBay, and I thought I would share the progress. I also would like to invite any suggestions or advice along the way.

Parts list:

Alder body with blonde finish $110
Modern 6 saddle bridge $15
Control plate $8
Black single ply pickguard $7
Locking strap buttons $4
Allparts TRF-22 neck $160
Bone nut $8
Wilkinson tuners $23
String ferrules $8
Output plate and jack $10

total: $357
Total shipping and handling: $50
Grand total: $407

I'll put up some pictures as soon as the parts come in.
I'm not sure if the quality is much different but a Stewmac neck is $30 cheaper and I love mine. and Guitarfetish pickups are good on a budget, mine sound pretty damn good for $50 a set.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Oh shoot, I totally forgot about pickups. Wowzers.

I actually have an extra tex mex strat pickup lying around. I'll probably put that in the neck. I suppose I'll have to open up the pickguard space a little, but hey it will give me a chance to use my Dremmel

I might have an old bridge p/up from a '69 thinline tele I used to play.

If not, I could use some more suggestions for a great p/up with a tight budget in mind. I'm not much of a chicken picker. I play blues, rock, and alternative/worship stuff. I guess I'm looking for things like: Solid, biting, and beefy from a bridge p/up.
My guitar fetish pups are pretty good for $50 a set.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls