so, to add to the what are you getting christmas thread, im curious what peoples traditions are on and around christmas time?

my family we always watch chevy chase national lampoons christmas vacation, we get the tree as a family, decorate it as a family, watch alot of hockey! we can open 1 gift christmas eve, and have a big turkey dinner christmas night,

what do you guys do?

also feel free to explain your holiday traditions if you celebrate hannakuh(sp?) or anything else
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
so, to add to the what are you getting christmas thread, im curious what peoples traditions are on and around christmas time?

my family we always watch chevy chase national lampoons christmas vacation, we get the tree as a family, decorate it as a family, watch alot of hockey! we can open 1 gift christmas eve, and have a big turkey dinner christmas night,

what do you guys do?

also feel free to explain your holiday traditions if you celebrate hannakuh(sp?) or anything else

we go get a tree (a REAL one) the first week of December and decorate it once its fallen out.

Dinner on Eve at my grandparents and then presents on Christmas Day. then i hop in my truck after dinner that night and exchange with my GF.

i love Christmas....
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
We all buy each other presents. We use a fold out synthetic tree we brought years ago, decorate it together. Open one present on Xmas Eve (though now that i'm 17 i'm considering cutting that tradition). Then on xmas day we go to mass (which I hate with a burning passion) then come back and open presents. Dinner around 3ish, one of my grandparents will come round for that. That's about it. Gotta love it while you're young.
We roast a pig on a spit in our backyard and burn a human sized hand made dummy in as a symbolic elegy.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

here's how it goes

1)MY brothers and i all come to Toronto from wherever we are living at the moment
2) usually at the last minute my brothers and my step dad get all the christmas stuff out of the garage and then i slip away as fast as i can so i don't decorate the tree (it's as close to a forced labour camp as you can get in toronto with my mom being the person with the whip)
3) i go Christmas shopping at the last minute
4) christmas eve the family gets together, sometimes we go to church but i'm not allowed to come anymore after 2 years ago when i kept screaming "i feel him in me, i feel the holy spirit, he commands you to give me money" to the randoms sitting around me (i figure if christians can't laugh it's not the religion for me, that's why i am a misanthropic humanist)
5) someone gets drunk
6) Chirstmas morning takes place around 11am-1pm and usually after someone's cracked open the rum and egg nog.
7) we open our presents
8) my mom accidentally throws out one of someone's presents when we are cleaning up (it's happened 3 years in a row
9) i yell at my mom about repeatedly throwing out someone's presents and we all laugh
10) the family shows up and we eat turkey, party hard and get drunk
11) boxing day!!!
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Last edited by Drmckool at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by Drmckool

4) christmas eve the family gets together, sometimes we go to church but i'm not allowed to come anymore after 2 years ago when i kept screaming "i feel him in me, i feel the holy spirit, he commands you to give me money" to the randoms sitting around me

I shouldn't laugh but ...

I know how i'm getting of going from now on.
Dinner, church, presents, egg nog.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Quote by aaciseric
I shouldn't laugh but ...

I know how i'm getting of going from now on.

i figure if people can't take a joke then sucks to be them. I mean we are all suposed to be filled with jollyness and such, so let's not sit down and celebrate the birth of Jesus by having fun, or at least pulling the stick out of our asses
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land