Page 1 of 196
F1 isn't that exciting anymore. There are tons of street cars that are faster then their cars, which really sucks.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
*Stickied*

You should post the drivers and teams confirmed so far.

edit, ^^^Did you watch this years season? It was pretty good. And i'd like to see road cars go up against an F1 car, the safety car doesn't exactly tread around the track and the F1 cars can follow it in 3rd gear.
Last edited by maggot9779 at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by V.U.K
F1 isn't that exciting anymore. There are tons of street cars that are faster then their cars, which really sucks.

Top speed isn't everything, you know.
Also: I know bollocks about F1, I just felt like posting here
Quote by V.U.K

But F1 cars are the most beautiful things in the world.
They sound better.

And, it's extremely exciting to see how the teams perform, who'll win, amazing driving, etc.
It's like chess at really fast speed.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
go canadian driver!!!

...wait.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by V.U.K

maybe with top speed but in terms of acceleration, braking and turning ability the F1 car will win anyday
Quote by maggot9779
Does anyone know if BMW are coming back?

They should be, but nothing is confirmed yet.
Guys, how many cars do they bring to each race [2, right?], and how many throughout the entire season [of the same chassis name]?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by V.U.K

Round a track nothing can even hold a candle to an F1 car, especially not any street cars. Just look at how the F1 car went round the Top Gear Track, it blew every street car and other racing cars completely out of the water.

And as somebody else mentioned, the F1 cars can really easily keep up with the safety car, which is a tuned Mercedes AMG SL, which is going round as fast as possible so that the F1 cars don't lose the heat in the brakes and tyres.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by Simsimius
Guys, how many cars do they bring to each race [2, right?], and how many throughout the entire season [of the same chassis name]?

Yeah, only allowed to bring 2.

And there's the chassis info: http://www.f1technical.net/articles/12613 (up to GB).
It's gonna be a blue day
Who are all of these new constructors with cosworth engines? I didn't even notice announcements for new constructors!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
^meh they're still stopping for tyres, so it's not like their eliminating pitstops. I think it's stupid really, it's a race, not an economy run.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Alonso is my favourite to win no he is at Ferrari, although I really hope Vettel does it.
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
We'll hafta see about the new teams but I sense ferrari will be competative. Brawn will make little progress, as will McLaren..

STR / Lotus / USf1 / Manor / Campos will all be slow.
133 18 9463 8395 24 22 8358 4939
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Not the first time I've heard that rumour, and I can see it happening too. Maybe not as soon as next year, mind.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Does anyone know who's testing during the rookie test this year? I know Ferrari are trying out the Italian F3 top 3, Williams are testing Soucek and Hulk, McLaren will probably test Paffett, Renault are testing the WSR winner, I think Sauber plan to test the F-BMW champ if they're still around.

Also the French goalkeeper Fabien Barthez had a go in the Renault - pictures are here in case you're interested http://bit.ly/66CZY
Last edited by smb at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by smb
Does anyone know who's testing during the rookie test this year? I know Ferrari are trying out the Italian F3 top 3, Williams are testing Soucek and Hulk, McLaren will probably test Paffett, Renault are testing the WSR winner, I think Sauber plan to test the F-BMW champ if they're still around.

Also the French goalkeeper Fabien Barthez had a go in the Renault - pictures are here in case you're interested http://bit.ly/66CZY

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091110091757.shtml

Quote by sam b
Who is #1 at Ferrari?

If it's not Massa I'll go to Italy and shit in... hmm.. Ferrari

Alonso got more points in the season than Massa, so I presume Alonso will get the lower number on his car.

Great to see the new thread, I will put the BBC clips up soon
Quote by Don_Humpador
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091110091757.shtml

Alonso got more points in the season than Massa, so I presume Alonso will get the lower number on his car.

Great to see the new thread, I will put the BBC clips up soon

How's the BBC thing going? If you tell me which sessions you're after I'll try and jump about the BBC site to find them.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Oh, im also a closet force india fan!
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by Cal UK
How's the BBC thing going? If you tell me which sessions you're after I'll try and jump about the BBC site to find them.

So far I have practices and some highlights [with varying 'fullness'] from Abu Dhabi to Hungary, working backwards. Also got some limited stuff from Aus, Malaysia and China, but I think there's more to find.

Pole laps I have Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Japan and Valencia.

So any help around Britain to Bahrain would be really helpful.

The way I do it is search for 'x' Practice as it Happened, then look at the links on the right hand side. They often have clips which have links to other clips, etc.

Then the main reports have links to other clips, etc. It's a bit of a labyrinth but definitely possible! Pole laps may not be available for most of the races AFAIK, but they're on F1.com properly.

If you try a direct search it often doesn't come up, and the 'news and clips' thing on the BBC search is complete fail, saying there "are no clips"

Last edited by Don_Humpador at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by Don_Humpador
So far I have practices and some highlights [with varying 'fullness'] from Abu Dhabi to Hungary, working backwards. Also got some limited stuff from Aus, Malaysia and China, but I think there's more to find.

Pole laps I have Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Japan and Valencia.

So any help around Britain to Bahrain would be really helpful.

The way I do it is search for 'x' Practice as it Happened, then look at the links on the right hand side. They often have clips which have links to other clips, etc.

Then the main reports have links to other clips, etc. It's a bit of a labyrinth but definitely possible! Pole laps may not be available for most of the races AFAIK, but they're on F1.com properly.

If you try a direct search it often doesn't come up, and the 'news and clips' thing on the BBC search is complete fail, saying there "are no clips"

Yes it's a real labyrinth, are you going for highlights for P1,2,3 Q and R for each race? I'll get on it then.

Cal edit 1: OK Don I have highlights of races, practice and quali for Bahrain through to Britain. I've got the pole laps of Turkey Monaco and Spain. I endeavour to find the pole laps of Britain and Bahrain too.

Cal edit 2: Wahey!! The beeb have ballsed up and I've found the full second practice for the Australian Grand Prix.
Last edited by Cal UK at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by Cal UK
Yes it's a real labyrinth, are you going for highlights for P1,2,3 Q and R for each race? I'll get on it then.

Yep, although don't waste your time looking for anything related to FP3 - for some reason, BBC don't put FP3, or it's highlights, on the site. Thanks for the help!
Quote by thebassmaster
Oh, im also a closet force india fan!

Who isn't?
I always support Force India as they seem like a good, decent team with some good drivers.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Who isn't?
I always support Force India as they seem like a good, decent team with some good drivers.

Yeah me too. They're an underdog and being a Brit I gotta love 'em for that. Don check my edit mate, got most of the stuff we're after.
Quote by Cal UK
Don check my edit mate, got most of the stuff we're after.

Great! I've now finished getting all the clips, now it's just a matter of putting them into UG-speak

Does anyone know if there is a character limit for posts? Don't wanna run out of room

Also does anyone know how to post tags in code but without making them 'happen'? Like when you see explanations on forums about tags, they show you the code like such :

When you want to bold something add [b]these tags[/b] to your post

Except on UG the bold bit seems to come up anyway!

EDIT : Finished what I've got so far. I can either send it to Ollie now and then he can edit Cal's stuff in later or I can send Cal my stuff, or Cal can send me his stuff.

The lengths I go to
Last edited by Don_Humpador at Nov 11, 2009,
Quote by Cal UK
Yeah me too. They're an underdog and being a Brit I gotta love 'em for that.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by V.U.K

possibly the worst first post this thread could possibly have

good to see webber sticking with red bull, I heard he was getting kicked out
Ollie shall I send you my links for the highlights? Would be a cool first post with all the vids and beeb articles.
Quote by darkcheef
Is this the thing with Danica Patric?

Don't flame me, I am just asking a question also

Nah I think that's some form of american racing league. F1's faster, and the whole world can play