Page 2 of 196
A new season, could be 5 teams in close contention next year for the first time in decades.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
A new season, could be 5 teams in close contention next year for the first time in decades.

Trying to figure out who the 5th team could be... Do you mean Renault?

@ Cal : I've made a "format" for the clips to go into - would you send the links to me and then we can finish it by sending it to Ollie?
Quote by Simsimius

with some good drivers.

They are regarded as the 'best' twenty+ in the world, they are all good
Quote by Don_Humpador
Trying to figure out who the 5th team could be... Do you mean Renault?

I think probably F. India or Williams may have a chance, or Renault if they stay. I posted my picks above.
Quote by Tempoe
I think probably F. India or Williams may have a chance, or Renault if they stay. I posted my picks above.

Force India? I will eat my hat if they get a pole position/race podium/Adrian Sutil scores points parrot to drive their car. Yeah, that's right, a parrot.

Also whoever said Force India are a "decent" team are wrong.
depending on your definition of decent

Don't they have all sorts of unpaid debts? The Ferrari ones (Fisi was bribery!), the McLaren ones, the Jordan ones?
Don sent you those links, check your PMs.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Sorry, I've been out. Will be up in a second.

Edit100: Misread Cal's post.
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Nov 11, 2009,
i have an unexplainable hate for force india. everything about them makes me angry for some reason
from daylight...
...into darkness
are you a ferrari employee?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Holy shit Don, how did you manage to find full practices? Shall I try to find highlights for each practice session on my block rather than the collective ones?
Edited the big post up there ; Singapore, Brazil and Japan have been bolstered and I've added a bunch of the F1 forums.

Can someone outside of the UK try clicking the highlights of any race then clicking a post-race forum? Some of it might not work for non-UK viewers.

Holy shit Don, how did you manage to find full practices? Shall I try to find highlights for each practice session on my block rather than the collective ones?

Dunno, they were just there

The BBC search is kinda random, try as I might I can't find the pole laps you found

Not sure what you mean Cal, do you mean the 'combined' highlights? It doesn't matter too much, as long as there are short versions in some form or another, I don't think anyone will really use the full sessions (although check out Australia FP1 - pretty weird in hindsight!).
Quote by Don_Humpador
Can someone outside of the UK try clicking the highlights of any race then clicking a post-race forum? Some of it might not work for non-UK viewers.

"Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
"Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

Damn. That's a shame
^ I wonder how much they want for it. I would imagine most of the new teams like USF1 are far enough along at this point for it to not be worth the money.

Don, probably right about F. India, really depends a lot who they have driving and developing the car for them.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 14, 2009,
^ Manor might go for it if their CFD design is a dud.

And Force India have Mercedes engines with Sutil and Luizzi probably driving and developing the car for them.
It's gonna be a blue day
Argh! Surely Bernie can see this isn't good for Formula 1? Races on grey streets where people can't overtake. I'm sure he'll go on about spectacle, but Bernie, I've been to Silverstone, I've seen them carve flat through Maggots and Becketts then have a go into Stowe, I saw Hamilton shut the door on Heidfeld at 190mph. We want racing not Bernie's vision 'look they're going 160mph, then braking for these 57 right angled corners, on streets!'.

I actually agree with Eddie Jordan; Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Monaco, Suzuka - sancrosanct races.
Last edited by Cal UK at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by Cal UK
Argh! Surely Bernie can see this isn't good for Formula 1? Races on grey streets where people can't overtake. I'm sure he'll go on about spectacle, but Bernie, I've been to Silverstone, I've seen them carve flat through Maggots and Becketts then have a go into Stowe, I saw Hamilton shut the door on Heidfeld at 190mph. We want racing not Bernie's vision 'look they're going 160mph, then braking for these 57 right angled corners, on streets!'.

This is the silly thing, he talks about spectacle. Sure, Singapore is a spectacle, with the lights of the city around the circuit. Sure, Abu Dhabi is a spectacle, they've created an artificial race circuit on an artificial island [and if you believe the Qadbak rumours, with artificial money!].

How far does spectacle go? Does he want to create a huge indoor arena on the moon? That'd be a spectacle! But only because it was on the moon.

True spectacle should mean wheel to wheel action at 180mph scrapping for every last metre of track for 50, 60 laps every week/fortnight. The stupid thing is, that kind of spectacle would bring in more viewers, and ultimately more money for the greedy gits.

Quote by Cal UK
I actually agree with Eddie Jordan; Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Monaco, Suzuka - sancrosanct races.

Surely Interlagos too?
Quote by Don_Humpador
This is the silly thing, he talks about spectacle. Sure, Singapore is a spectacle, with the lights of the city around the circuit. Sure, Abu Dhabi is a spectacle, they've created an artificial race circuit on an artificial island [and if you believe the Qadbak rumours, with artificial money!].

How far does spectacle go? Does he want to create a huge indoor arena on the moon? That'd be a spectacle! But only because it was on the moon.

True spectacle should mean wheel to wheel action at 180mph scrapping for every last metre of track for 50, 60 laps every week/fortnight. The stupid thing is, that kind of spectacle would bring in more viewers, and ultimately more money for the greedy gits.

Surely Interlagos too?

Yep definitely.
Haven't got the link at the moment but Massa's been having a few words with the Brazilian media about how he beat Kimi in 2007 (what?), 2008 and 2009.

Oh, hi Fernando
Button and his manager had a little trip round McLaren factory today...I hope he stays at Brawn. To be fair though, I don't think it's as money oriented as some will make out, I think McLaren will have a well developed car next year.
It's just all part of the bargaining. Brawn need Jenson, they won't be letting him go in a hurry. There's no-one they can really replace him with. McLaren need to show Kimi they have other options so don't need to pay what he wants. It'll all come out in the wash.
It puts the pressure on Kimi to drop his price and Brawn to raise his. Smart play from Button and McLaren.
Lotus are about to announce a driver, according to AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes. People are expecting Trulli, but he's in America watching the Nascar according to Montoya's twitter at least so who knows
^ He has a NASCAR test with Michael Waltrip Racing, so i'm guessing he's been invited by Waltrip to take in some of the show before his test.

I still expect him to be a Lotus driver next year. Him and Gascoyne together could be great for Lotus.
It's gonna be a blue day
I'm away for one weekend and my teammate on Batracer in a public LMES game gets all huffy, sends me a PM saying 'if you don't do your run i will suck you'.

Granted, I think he probably meant 'sack you', but still. Chill out bro.
You know the phrase... "start as you mean to go on"...

well let's hope Ferrari don't!

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Blayney
You know the phrase... "start as you mean to go on"...

well let's hope Ferrari don't!

Why what've they been doing?