Page 4 of 196
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kimi pull a Häkkinen tbh. If rallying takes his interest more than circuit racing then good luck to him. By all accounts he could make a substantial living doing that.
ABBA
Quote by smb
Yeah I saw those, that damn McLaren press person is a tease diabolical genius

hello
Quote by Don_Humpador
Anyone watch the James May program tonight?

He [and the local community] built a 2.7 mile Scalextric circuit at Brand's Hatch, although with a few tweaks to ensure they could get it built.

Including 'Dead fox tunnel'

It was fantastic to see, almost a shame they didn't keep more footage of some of the more spectacular sections of the track.

It was Brooklands...

And it was amazing.
I wish I could be an F1 driver...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Gah the fifth driver's intriguing. That simulator room looks amazing. Bet it's just F1 2002 with the 2009 car set.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by demonsheep
Don't we all :O

Will do it some day.

What do you mean you'll do it someday.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
The cornering on the Brooklands scalextric was almost as impressive as F1 cars!
The vids in the first post will be my Uni downfall, just watched Brazil and Australia highlights. I'll post Ollie the Abu Dhabi vids as well.
Quote by Cal UK
The vids in the first post will be my Uni downfall, just watched Brazil and Australia highlights. I'll post Ollie the Abu Dhabi vids as well.

If you fail, nothing comes back to me... Okay?

Quote by Simsimius
It was Brooklands...

Of course, sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of Brands' at the time.

note : this may be a lie.

Raikkonen goes rallying then it seems. Time to take an interest in WRC.

Quote by Don_Humpador

Raikkonen goes rallying then it seems. Time to take an interest in WRC.

Dave best sort out their coverage, and get some sort of Daveplayer that I can watch at Uni. Saying that though, WRC has a great relationship with the fans. Eg. on youtube fans request onboards and they put them up. Check out some of the vids here Don http://www.youtube.com/user/wrc?blend=1&ob=4
Quote by Cal UK
Dave best sort out their coverage, and get some sort of Daveplayer that I can watch at Uni. Saying that though, WRC has a great relationship with the fans. Eg. on youtube fans request onboards and they put them up. Check out some of the vids here Don http://www.youtube.com/user/wrc?blend=1&ob=4

Looks good, I'll check it out further at a later time.

I've only ever watched the Dave coverage [to see Raikkonen at WRC Finland] once but by God it was awful

About 7 minutes of rallying, 4 minutes of news, 12 minutes of adverts, 15 minutes of some comedian I'd never heard of, 11 minutes of that reporter nattering away and 10 minutes of other stupid shit.

I also read that Motors TV or w/e it's called has bought rights to WRC or something? I assume it's P2V.
Quote by Cal UK
The vids in the first post will be my Uni downfall, just watched Brazil and Australia highlights.
If you really want to fail uni, I know a website where you can download full race videos
^^ Motors TV is pretty good. It had DTM a couple of years ago, when Hakkinen, Alesi and Frentzen were about.

Hope Kimi does well in WRC. If he gets a Stobart Ford, he should be able to nick a point or two.
It's gonna be a blue day
I still don't really rate Button but it beats the pants off the Mercedes lineup. It'll surely be McLaren, Ferrari or Red Bull next year.
Shame about Kimi. I reckon you're right about Red Bull next year. After this season it seems perfect for them to have held onto Webber and Vettel. And i think Hamilton will make Button look a fool tbh.

Also, Daveplayer i wish that existed just for the name.
ABBA
Quote by smb
I still don't really rate Button but it beats the pants off the Mercedes lineup. It'll surely be McLaren, Ferrari or Red Bull next year.

+1.

Rosberg and Heidfeld? They'll be typically German, for sure, and by that I mean reliable and consistent. But will either of them be good enough to mount a serious title challenge? I somewhat doubt it, but if I'd have to pick one to be more likely to challenge, it'd be Heidfeld.

No doubt Mercedes have their eyes on Vettel.
Should be an interesting lineup TBH.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Another bad move by Button, but it looks like he was forced to take it. Apart from two of the new teams, what other options did he have? Kubica's fiddle at Renault? A Force India? Mercedes want only German drivers, it seems.

And Di Monty looks like leaving his post as head of FOTA (thank god). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80182
It's gonna be a blue day
Guys, recommend me a good PC driving game with proper strategy and realism [preferably F1...]
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
GP Legends. It's 10 years old, but still works with some patches. Uses cars from the 1967 season, last before wings. The strategy is mostly saving your tyres for the entire race, but it's very realistic ( and fecking annoying sometimes because of it). Only a fiver now.

Rfactor is another alternative, but Rfactor 2 is out soon, so could wait for that to come out.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by Simsimius
Guys, recommend me a good PC driving game with proper strategy and realism [preferably F1...]

rFactor.
hello
Quote by opc100
rFactor.

Quote by perry589
GP Legends. It's 10 years old, but still works with some patches. Uses cars from the 1967 season, last before wings. The strategy is mostly saving your tyres for the entire race, but it's very realistic ( and fecking annoying sometimes because of it). Only a fiver now.

Rfactor is another alternative, but Rfactor 2 is out soon, so could wait for that to come out.

Alright, rfactor I'll try first.
Thanks. It seems like I may be able to find third party content to get modern F1 liveries as well.

GP Legends looks very nice. I'll try that one next.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Don_Humpador
I'd wait for rFactor 2 tbh.

Well, I'll torrent the first rFactor to give it a go...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
F1 2002 is really good as well. Lots of tweaking you can do, it seems like you can make is as hard or easy as you want as well.

While I agree that Hamilton is a more opportunistic, aggressive and overall more well rounded driver than Button, I think next year could be a problem for him. He's got a tank full of fuel which surely won't suit his driving style (think of him tyre shredding in Turkey).
Last edited by Cal UK at Nov 18, 2009,
Think of him managing a 1 stopper at Turkey this year. Or the effective 1 stopper at Brazil.

I think he's learnt a lot this year. And it's not like the drivers can't change tyres - I'd be more concerned if it was back to the 2005 (?) rule of 1 set of tyres for the entire race.
Ah of course yes you're right. It's gonna be a corker next year!
Agree with all above. RFactor is amazing game, RF2 will be ace too. I'll post some pictures up for you if you wanna see what it's like in-game and such, Sim?
133 18 9463 8395 24 22 8358 4939