Page 5 of 196
^Sure.
I've seen some pics and one vid for rFactor. But more would be great too.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Lewis is going to destroy Button next year. Button is a good driver, but Lewis is on another level compared to him. He should have stayed with Brawn, sorry, Mercedes GP.
Be cool.
Toca Race Driver 3 is quite a good game too for whoever was asking. I enjoy it. Much more realistic than GRID.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Hmmm, I'd be interested if Mercedes would be prepared to drop Rosberg or Heidfeld.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Well they said they didn't want an all German line up - and if they can afford it, it surely makes sense to snap Raikkonen up instead of Heidfeld. Norb's also friends with Kimi, so.

Also it sounds as though Nick Fry and the Brawn guys are pretty bitter about Jenson's decision ;

"I respect his decision," said Fry. "It's not one that I would have made and maybe he has been poorly advised.

"Clearly, loyalty would be nice but in this day and age you don't expect too much of that. I'm always happy when any employee leaves our company if I think that they've made the right decision and they are going to a better job and they always go with our blessing if that is the situation.

"In this situation, we don't understand the logic of the decision and I think Jenson is going to have to up his game if he's going to beat Lewis on home territory."
Yup.

Also, I believe Jenson Button is appearing on Simon Mayo's radio show on 5 live [1-4 PM], so I'm guessing he'll be on around 1-3.
Quote by Don_Humpador

I hope so.

I won't support the team, but I will support Raikkonen...!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Hah, Nick Fry just sounds like a jealous child.

NERR I HAS LOST MY BEST TOY NERRR.
133 18 9463 8395 24 22 8358 4939
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80229

Brawn/Mercedes are really turning up the 'dickometer'. Turning out to be pretty poor PR for them - they lose their WDC, the guy that helps them to the WCC, McLaren stealing their parade, and some ill judged comments from Nick Fry. You would have expected someone so entwined with corporate sponsorship would know when to shut up.
Yeah, just reading Brawn saying "we offered him loyalty and expected it in return" Why the hell not offer him a contract sooner then instead of leaving him hanging for so long. I think Button was wise to move from Brawn but is going to have a reality check next season. It would be pretty interesting if he is close to Lewis though I doubt it.
Hamilton will show him up completely. Not a good move by Button.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Mechanixx
Hamilton will show him up completely. Not a good move by Button.

+4332462
Button's gonna have car #1, so does that automatically make him team #1?

Not that it makes much difference >_>
Quote by sam b
+4332462
Button's gonna have car #1, so does that automatically make him team #1?

Not that it makes much difference >_>

No, the numbers mean nothing but a modicum of happiness for the sponsors that are close to it on the car's livery.
I never quite understand the numbers? Does it go off highest world drivers championship posistion in the team? Or constructors world championship?

Because Lewis got the number 1 this year. Even though Ferrari won the constructors. Yet the previous year Lewis came 2nd in the championship and got the number 22 because McLaren had all their constructors points removed. Surely he should have got the number 3 last year?

I hate the fact that Mercedes have taken over Brawn. Another team from within 20 miles of my house that is a British team that will have a foreign national anthem played when they win. The others being Red Bull, Toro Rosso (they're based in MK too, right?) and Force India.
Quote by Blayney
I never quite understand the numbers? Does it go off highest world drivers championship posistion in the team? Or constructors world championship?

Because Lewis got the number 1 this year. Even though Ferrari won the constructors. Yet the previous year Lewis came 2nd in the championship and got the number 22 because McLaren had all their constructors points removed. Surely he should have got the number 3 last year?

The world champ has #1, his teammate has #2. Then each pair of numbers is allocated to the remaining teams in order of the constructors championship. They usually miss #13 out of superstition.
Quote by TEK34
I hate the fact that Mercedes have taken over Brawn. Another team from within 20 miles of my house that is a British team that will have a foreign national anthem played when they win. The others being Red Bull, Toro Rosso (they're based in MK too, right?) and Force India.

STR are based in Italy aren't they?

Quote by Cal UK
Thought you guys would appreciate this. It's a season review of F1, Moto GP and WRC. http://mag.gpweek.com/

Buemi at No. 5 of the top drivers of 2009? Er, no, sorry.

Interesting that they mention good books to read.

I picked up James Allen's biography of Michael Schumacher, called Michael Schumacher : The Edge of Greatness. Only just read the first couple of chapters but it's very well researched and nicely written.

I also got 'Williams' by Maurice Hamilton, which again looks well researched but I haven't had a proper look at it yet. Both from the library so I'll let you know how I get on with them. Maurice Hamilton's other book, 'Chequered Conflict : The Story of Two Explosive F1 World Championships' looked very, very interesting but they didn't have it at the library I was using. Apparently it explores what happened behind the scenes in 2007 and compares it to the 1986 season and the 3-way battle for the title. If I pick it up I'll post up.
Quote by Don_Humpador
STR are based in Italy aren't they?

They are now.
The Chassis used to built at the same place as RB, and everything else in Italy [where the old Minardi team was based].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Isn't James Allen's new book just a collection of his blog posts from this year? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Edit: yeah it is "The book is the story of the 2009 season told through the eyes of the James Allen on F1 blog, with updates and extra editorial from me." Don't think I'll be asking for that for Christmas.

And Buemi? Really? If it was for anonymous driver of the year, then maybe. Though maybe no-one would think of him for that prize either.
Last edited by smb at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by smb
The world champ has #1, his teammate has #2. Then each pair of numbers is allocated to the remaining teams in order of the constructors championship. They usually miss #13 out of superstition.

Cheers that explains the discontinuity (in my mind)

I actually quite like Buemi and rate him higher than most of the other recent newbies. Ignoring Kobayashi

Really hope Kobayashi gets a drive next year, he must be gutted that Toyota have pulled out.
>.>
Might be nice to see Brawn and Michael back together, but then again it might get boring again as they use those Merc engines and Brawn's mind to win everything again.
I have an interesting question for you all...

Mercedes GP want Sebastien Vettel correct?

Red Bull Racing want Mercedes engines?

Here's a photo from the after party of Abu Dhabi GP

It shows Vettel laughing n joking with Norbet Haug from Mercedes. The guy who took the photo reckons they were mucking around like mates for a couple of hours.

So there's definitely a connection between Vettel and Mercedes.

Now the question is what do Red Bull want more... Vettel or Mercedes power?

Would they trade Vettel to Mercedes for an engine deal?

or is Vettel too much of an asset and would they keep him and settle for a different engine?

I'd say Vettel's too much of an asset. He's such a talent that he's worth more than an engine. Call me an optimist, but I don't think Mercedes would deny Red Bull an engine because of them not releasing Vettel.
hello
Quote by Don_Humpador

I picked up James Allen's biography of Michael Schumacher, called Michael Schumacher : The Edge of Greatness. Only just read the first couple of chapters but it's very well researched and nicely written.

Yeah I've bought that too, it's a good read. I was shocked at how determined he is to win at everything. The book makes him come across as a bit of an ass.
YNWA
I think to drive in F1, or indeed any top series you need to have a desire to win and a bit of arrogance to think you can. If you don't believe you can win noone else will and you probably won't.

Quote by Blayney
I think to drive in F1, or indeed any top series you need to have a desire to win and a bit of arrogance to think you can. If you don't believe you can win noone else will and you probably won't.

But no matter how much you want to win you shouldn't cheat. What he did to Hill, Villeneuve and Alonso isn't acceptable.
YNWA
Quote by tattyreagh
But no matter how much you want to win you shouldn't cheat. What he did to Hill, Villeneuve and Alonso isn't acceptable.

In the modern era. The book, as I'm sure you've read, says that he was at the crossover of two generations and never really fit in either - the days of the fierce rivalries of Mansell, Prost, Senna etc, then the politically correct years from 95, 96 onwards.

Quote by Blayney
I have an interesting question for you all...

Mercedes GP want Sebastien Vettel correct?

Red Bull Racing want Mercedes engines?

Here's a photo from the after party of Abu Dhabi GP

It's no secret Mercedes want Vettel, and Vettel himself admitted earlier in the season there were only 2 teams he could realistically win championships with - Ferrari and, at the time, McLaren. A move to Mercedes is very realistic for 2011, and the returning Kimi Raikkonen would find a slot at Red Bull, which would suit both parties' images, while also providing Raikkonen with the support needed should he want to move into rallying full time, post 2011.

And also, to anyone who's laughing at the Schumacher to Mercedes, he has big connections with Mercedes and Norbert Haug. It's quite possible that it'd happen. I don't expect it to, but I believe the chance of it happening is bigger than of it not happening, so to speak

Quote by Blayney
USF1 driver confirmed

Hoorah, another pay driver. Really American, aren't they? Just a pity they didn't tell the US that by 'American' they meant 'North and South America, or in fact, anywhere in the world'.

Also - is the Macau GP on now? Edit : Nope, I see Quali Race is over.
Last edited by Don_Humpador at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Blayney
Let me know when/where to watch Macau. That race is carnage.

Me too my flat's empty and I'm BORED.
My flat is empty too lol. Missus is watching bloody New Moon. So I'm playing Modern Warfare 2