Page 1 of 2
So hai guys, it's been a while since I've been on since I've been at college. but at the beginning of this year i was really exited cause my new roommate was an exchange student! Turns out that he's the strangest guy I've ever met. He's from Germany, is half Korean, and the most paranoid person i have ever met. also, he's extremely socially awkward and has never had a girlfriend. He's a giant **** block and is in general making my social situation really bad since i can't have girls over to my room.

has anybody on UG ever had a problem like this and how do i get him out of the house?
Too cool for a signature.
Whatever you do, make sure to video it and post it on here!

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

show him a night on the town. i mean shit, just watch a Holywood movie. take the kid, get him in way over his head by having him drink a bunch and be around attractive women, then one of them will find him cute in that innocent way. bingo! he wakes the next morning a man.

this is pretty unlikely. so ur gonna just have to change ur racist views of foreigners u damn racist.
How about instead of being insensitive to him being in a strange new country, actually help him out? Instead of palming him off to someone else and having to start over settling down somewhere else, take the time to do some things he likes doing, and then go from there. I know you'll probably say "but I have done all that!" but I doubt you've really actually tried or else you'd have said in your OP.
I'm not paranoid, I'm just cautious.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
well, as far as showing him around town, he's 23 and doesn't drink, and i did try taking him out to dinner with my friends, but he didn't really talk to any of them the entire time.
Hey, come hang out with all my friends that you don't know! It won't be awkward at all!
Pull pranks on him, put his posessions into jelly i.e. the office (old english version)
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Yeah, just try and be kind to him. The language barrier can't help much, but try and establish some sort of rapport.

Also, you're in college. Go back to the girl's dorm if your roommate's in yours.
Be friendly and understanding towards him and show general compassion and helpfulness to another human being ... by setting him on fire.
Quote by IzRG350
He's just shy, that's pretty common.

actually, the other day he called his shrink about legit social paranoia...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Men do not do the walk of shame

haha, agreed...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Would they rather sex in front of exchange students?

This is sounding a lot like an American Pie sequel. You should make a pact to help him lose his virginity by the end of the semester.
Quote by rigiddigits

I doubt it'd be much different than doing it in front of a non-foreign student

This is sounding a lot like an American Pie sequel. You should make a pact to help him lose his virginity by the end of the semester.

American Pie 23: The day of the P.I.T. (Prude's Intercourse Time)?
Quote by rigiddigits

It's pretty much identical to the Van Wilder sequel.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

American Pie 23: The day of the P.I.T. (Prude's Intercourse Time)?

As for your roommate, give him time, he might just be uncomfortable at being in a new place or something.

If this doesn't work, get him drunk.
🙈 🙉 🙊
If all else fails just tell him that you hid the Fallen Madonna wit the big boobies in a knackwurst sausage in the celler of the building. That should get him out for a bit.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
How about instead of being insensitive to him being in a strange new country, actually help him out? Instead of palming him off to someone else and having to start over settling down somewhere else, take the time to do some things he likes doing, and then go from there. I know you'll probably say "but I have done all that!" but I doubt you've really actually tried or else you'd have said in your OP.

Pretty much what I came in here to say.
dont be an ass, and help him out. just put yourself into his shoes, going into a completely new country with no prior friends or knowledge of its culture. and plus some people just like to hang back in their rooms to chill somtimes like me. freshman year of college i hung out in my room alot and im glad my roomate didnt bother me all that much. just cause he doesnt want to get sh*tfaced everynight doesnt mean hes completely socially awkward.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Quote by Deliriumbassist

does the walk of shame include you and your gf sneaking into her house when her parents are asleep or is that something else.

cause if it is i have done the walk of shame
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Razgriz_101
does the walk of shame include you and your gf sneaking into her house when her parents are asleep or is that something else.

cause if it is i have done the walk of shame

The walk of shame is when a lass walks back home from a lad's house the mornign after wearing last night's clubbing clothes and more often than not, panda eyes.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The walk of shame is when a lass walks back home from a lad's house the mornign after wearing last night's clubbing clothes and more often than not, panda eyes.

lol xD i'll admit im still green on some aspects of drinking and nights out
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

If you don't do the walk of shame then she knows where you live.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I was really socially anxious in high school, but my roommate has helped me a ton since I started at university. I think you should take him out to bars/clubs (even if he wont drink) and get him talking to lots of new people. Also, get him dancing and stuff with girls and don't make fun of him if he messes something up. He's not talking because he's uncomfortable/anxious, so get everyone to be really outgoing and encouraging towards him until he opens up more. His problems are much bigger than yours so instead of being a dick to him, be a good roommate and help him out.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by MODESTme
dont be an ass, and help him out. just put yourself into his shoes, going into a completely new country with no prior friends or knowledge of its culture. and plus some people just like to hang back in their rooms to chill somtimes like me. freshman year of college i hung out in my room alot and im glad my roomate didnt bother me all that much. just cause he doesnt want to get sh*tfaced everynight doesnt mean hes completely socially awkward.

well, there's a difference between chilling out in your room and being there 24/7. plus his entire social life is on youtube
Why are you calling him socially awkward and a loser? Covering up your own insecurities?
Angus = god
Quote by webbtje
Shit! A shy person! Let's be a complete dick to him!

sigged
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
When he is sleeping, sneak under his covers naked and lick his ear.

I don't know how that will help anything really, but it'd be pretty experimental.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by chrisatgrace
well, there's a difference between chilling out in your room and being there 24/7. plus his entire social life is on youtube

You're posting on an internet forum.
Page 1 of 2