I'm trying to flatwounds right now. I have D'Addario Chromes on my Italia Maranello 61. Sounds great!
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Last edited by Angusman60 at Nov 10, 2009,
I ****ing hate flatwounds with a passion. I have them on my epiphone right now and they make me want to jump off a cliff and land in dumpster full of nails.
haha why do you not like about them?
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
I actually like flatwound for bass more
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Also, people who wear Monster swag are automatically douches.
I think they're alright, but there isn't much clank to them.. nice for jazz, and stuff where you don't want to have a treble sound
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by Gakbez
I think they're alright, but there isn't much clank to them.. nice for jazz, and stuff where you don't want to have a treble sound

this. they do change the sound a lot, but i wish you could get the feel of flatwounds and the tone of round wounds in one set of strings i love the feel but the sound isn't really my cup of tea.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
my italia's pickups are really hot anyway...so having round wounds is almost too much treble if you know what i mean

My Website
I'm using flatwounds also. I personally don't like a lot of treble too much. In some cases it's great if I'm doing certain chords, but for soloing or most rhythm, I don't like the treble. It can get kinda ear piercing and just over the top.
I use flatwounds on my acoustic so that it doeesn't have that crazy high pitched squeak when you slide your fingers over the strings. Other than that, I dont use them.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Thinking of trying some flatwounds on my Ibanez semi. It's the beauty of owning a guitar, you can tinker with out causing too much damage to your wallet, although flats are fairly expensive I guess
What's the difference?

Not as in I think they're the same, as in: I don't know what they are or what I use.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Nov 11, 2009,
flatwounds sound to dull for me. Even for jazz, I want bright sounding low strings so chords dont get muddy.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
i put flatwounds on the mexi strat i used to have. the tone was quite beautiful but i got rid of the strat soon after. i may try em on this fake tele i have since i barely use distortion when i use that guitar. i keep it in B-F#-B-F#-B-B and attempt to play devin townsend 'Ki' type stuff.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I tried Flat wounds on a guitar and didn't like them at all they don't seem to have the grip round wounds do... funny, they sound flat. Every time I tried bending my fingers slid off them. On the other hand I love using flat wounds on a bass especially a fret less one.

John