Im building a new guitar and I just want to find the best parts availiable. To narrow everything down, I want the highest active pickups (even if they are homemade), best foating bridge, and the woods for the body and (pre-made) neck. I want what can be used all around, like Metal, Thrash, Grunge, Punk, Beatles style, etc.

Another thing im doing is buying a hole pile of effects pedals and gutting them and making them switches on the guitar.

And one FINAL thing me and my friend came up with... Lets put in a gumball dispenser.. Lol. any tips/tricks/help is appreciated. THANKS!!!
I started to feel really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't
- Kurt Cobain
...wat?

You have no budget, or unlimited budget?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
not much point in expenisve wood if most of it is gonna be weighed down by pedals and gumballs, and pedals are easier to switch on with your foot. sounds good otherwise and im not sure on best because i'm sue you could pay A LOT of money and get close to perfect parts
lmao sounds sweet.
the pedal thing could be cool. if you had it set up inside that it automatically goes through the pedal like with wires/ cords inside of it and just have the circuit board of them in there.. that could work out pretty sweet..

and you can't go wrong with gumballs!

but again before answering.. do you have an unlimited budget or like no budget..?
Quote by death eater
Im building a new guitar and I just want to find the best parts availiable. To narrow everything down, I want the highest active pickups (even if they are homemade), best foating bridge, and the woods for the body and (pre-made) neck. I want what can be used all around, like Metal, Thrash, Grunge, Punk, Beatles style, etc.

Another thing im doing is buying a hole pile of effects pedals and gutting them and making them switches on the guitar.

And one FINAL thing me and my friend came up with... Lets put in a gumball dispenser.. Lol. any tips/tricks/help is appreciated. THANKS!!!

cost doesn't always dictate quality. and beyond that, they're tone will sound different to you than me. or someone else. have you done soldering work before? if not, good luck with those effects. gumballs seems impractical to me. but its your axe, if could be done.

the schaller, gotoh and original floyd roses are good. the trem king models look neat. and the trem king doesn't change scale length. i haven't tried a kahler, or read much about them. something you might wanna look into though.
thats going to be one expensive piece...

someone already said, no point in getting the best woods because you'd be using active pickups, and also gutting most of it for all all the needless things..
I would take a look at the custom made Bareknuckles pickups from the UK. I've heard alot of good things about them, they give you a very agressive and booming tone. There about $250 each I think.

As for a body wood, look for a maghony body with a Flamed maple top, the more expensive, the better. The neck, IDK, you could go either Maple with a Ebony fret board or Maghony neck with a maple fret board, or any combination of that.

No idea about floating bridge. I would try to get one of those PRS trems, there not locking, but there much better than the strat trems, plus you dont have to deal with the stupid locking nuts and all that crap so you can jump tunings better.

Prolly want a Graphtech Teflone nut, and some Grove Locking tuners.

All I can think of at the moment.
I'd say go for some nice Koa or Korina for the body, if only for looks.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by death eater
And one FINAL thing me and my friend came up with... Lets put in a gumball dispenser.. Lol.
Nah, don't do that.
You'll probably be much happier if you just attach a fleshlight to the back of it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
SYK, that may be the most disturbing mental image ever.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
SYK, that may be the most disturbing mental image ever.

Most disturbing? Or most sexy?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb