Page 1 of 3
So the singer in my band, and long-time bestfriend is now dating another male. I was quite disturbed and shocked. He has always had the ladies coming at him left and right (and seriously hot babes) but now he chose the homo-side.

Have any of you been through this? Best friend or family members you don't expect to be gay, coming out?

I know there's a gay thread, but I want to know if anyone else has gone through this.
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
What do you mean 'gone through this'? If anyone's going through anything it's him, try being a little supportive eh
Quote by Acronikos
So the singer in my band, and long-time bestfriend is now dating another male. I was quite disturbed and shocked. He has always had the ladies coming at him left and right (and seriously hot babes) but now he chose the homo-side.

Have any of you been through this? Best friend or family members you don't expect to be gay, coming out?

I know there's a gay thread, but I want to know if anyone else has gone through this.
He didn't choose anything.

stratkat
Quote by Acronikos

... and? So what if he's gay, its not a crime. There's no need to be disturbed and shocked.
Make out with him.

Seriously, what are you shocked about? It's shocking to me that you'd get upset about it.
Quote by EuBoat

exactly. what are you, afraid he's gonna come onto you? get over yourself.

Edit: I'm very proud of the pit so far.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Nov 10, 2009,
One of my best mates is gay. We've been real close for about 6 years, and he came out about 3 years ago, though most people kinda suspected.

To be fair, it didn't really change anything. He's still a great guy who I party with, jam with, gig with and hang out with. So he's gay, whatever.
Make his life miserable.

Like really put him down all the time, make it clear to him that he will never be accepted and everywhere he goes he will be rejected because he's gay.
Quote by EuBoat

Yes he did. Even if he was born gay, he chose to be participate in the gay lifestyle. Just like a someone might be born a sociopath, but they choose to be a serial killer.

FYI I'm pro-gay rights, I was just making a point.
Who cares?
It's not like he has transformed into godzilla... Or has he?..

However, look at it this way; Girls like gays>He brings home some girlfriends> Free targets for you, no competition.

Quote by stratguy335
Yes he did. Even if he was born gay, he chose to be participate in the gay lifestyle. Just like a someone might be born a sociopath, but they choose to be a serial killer.

... Well that's just silly.
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
Last edited by lutfish at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by stratguy335

And everyone knows suppressing feelings is a good thing

stratkat
well i obviously don't have a problem with it. i was just suprised especially when all he ever does is hang out with the most hottest of babes, all of who want to have sex with him. He used to screw hotties all the time but now he changed.

So in my opinion he did choose. If he was straight before, he just changed his mind. I don't have a problem with it, and no he's not gonna come on to me, ive been in a serious relationship for a while now, and no I'm not the gay one so sorry I won't be making out with him.

Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Get over it.

The last thing he'll want is people making a big issue over it. I can tell you from experience people making an issue over it is fecking horrible.

He's gay, so what? Nothing has changed about him at all. The only thing that changed is that he decided to tell people about it.

Also, it's not a choice. And "homo" is a little bit ignorant.

If you want a decent film about the struggles of being gay, watch I Pronounce You Chuck And Larry. It's got Adam Sandler in it. Watch it.

Quote by Acronikos
well i obviously don't have a problem with it. i was just suprised especially when all he ever does is hang out with the most hottest of babes, all of who want to have sex with him. He used to screw hotties all the time but now he changed.

So in my opinion he did choose. If he was straight before, he just changed his mind. I don't have a problem with it, and no he's not gonna come on to me, ive been in a serious relationship for a while now, and no I'm not the gay one so sorry I won't be making out with him.

And you never suspected?

There's having sex because you enjoy and having sex to fit in with people who you think are homophobic.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Nov 10, 2009,
Yeah, my best friend of 10 years turned out gay.

Didn't change a damn thing about how I think about him, he'll always be like my elder brother to me, and who he chooses to fall in love with is no business of mine. What are you so afraid of?

EDIT:

Quote by Acronikos

You haven't got a fucking clue, have you?
Last edited by LordBishek at Nov 10, 2009,
Quote by Acronikos

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
TS, dont be a diiiick
its not like hes got something to put in you
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by stratguy335

lol'd at the gay - sociopath analogy.
Yes, 2. One is a guy the others a girl. Their cool people, The girl I was more surprised by than the guy. But their cool people. I still call them ******s (I call all of my friends names like that, its all in good humor. They return the favor) and I don't treat them any differently.

If your not a douchebag keep him as your friend and don't treat him any differently than you did before.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
How are you born gay? And if you are born gay wouldent that make it a genetic defect?

But I agree with you man, if my best friend turned out to be gay I would freak the hell out, especially if he has had sex with lots of hotties before, nothing makes sense anymore.
Quote by druggietoad2k5
Get over it.

The last thing he'll want is people making a big issue over it. I can tell you from experience people making an issue over it is fecking horrible.

He's gay, so what? Nothing has changed about him at all. The only thing that changed is that he decided to tell people about it.

Also, it's not a choice. And "homo" is a little bit ignorant.

If you want a decent film about the struggles of being gay, watch I Pronounce You Chuck And Larry. It's got Adam Sandler in it. Watch it.

..It's short for homosexual, which is what a gay is, it's not ignorant it's correct.
Quote by stratguy335

That's a retarded analogy.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by stratguy335

I'm going to go out on a whim an assume you are straight.

Did you choose to like the opposite sex?

Another assumption here... You just fancy the opposite sex. You just do.

Then why would gay people be any different. Sexuality is not a choice, even if you see it as good enough to go alongside your sociopath analogy.
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

once i was viewing one of my best friend's web browser history and i found a lot of gay sites (LOL) . never told him about it , meh !

anyway, gay singers are usually the best, so it's ok !
i scream for ice cream
I've had the same thing happen to me, one friend i knew for years and was a good close friend then suddenly became gay, it really stuck me for quite some time. But in the end just gota accept it, i have nothing against homosexulaity in the first place, but just a close friend suddnely being gay really made me realise how homophobic you actually are. But in time you just forget about it, and quite rightly, they are people to.

It depends how you were brought up, i never knew any homosexuals growing up so it was hard to suddenly have that in my life, but in the end it's no different than any person
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
I've had the same thing happen to me, one friend i knew for years and was a good close friend then suddenly became gay, it really stuck me for quite some time. But in the end just gota accept it, i have nothing against homosexulaity in the first place, but just a close friend suddnely being gay really made me realise how homophobic you actually are. But in time you just forget about it, and quite rightly, they are people to.

It depends how you were brought up, i never knew any homosexuals growing up so it was hard to suddenly have that in my life, but in the end it's no different than any person
I lol'd.

stratkat
i'm proud of the pit ATM.

seriously, i don't know why this would be a big deal. the only reason being gay is a big deal is because people like you guys make it a big deal. i don't care how much you (or anyone) says they aren't prejudiced, if you really weren't, you wouldn't care.
i would imagine this maybe be quite shocking for you. Try no to ruin your friendship, and give him some support.
i would be hard for me too, but i could do with it, even though the society here is strong homophobic.
Just don't get drunk with him and make out, you'll feel bad about it the next day
Quote by Acronikos
He has always had the ladies coming at him left and right (and seriously hot babes) but now he chose the homo-side.
Hey, here's a thought: Suck his dick once in a while and he might steer those babes he doesn't want or need in YOUR direction.

Everybody wins!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i really am not upset it was just not what I was expecting. I'm not gonna stop be his friend and sh!t

and having a Gay singer is pretty trendy

Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by sglover34479
..It's short for homosexual, which is what a gay is, it's not ignorant it's correct.

I personally find it a bit offensive and ignorant, but that's just me.

Nobody just becomes gay, by the way. You either are or you're not. You don't wake up one morning and think "Hmm, I feel like i'm gay today."
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

It's nothing to be disturbed about. OK I can imagine it's a bit of a shock, but at least let him know your still his friend and be supportive?
No, but all my friends are straight and I shocked to see them choose the hetero side time and time again...
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Page 1 of 3