I need some pickups for my Dinky. It's HSS congig.

I play alot of rock. I want something with a higher output for the bridge, good for metal. For the neck I was thinking one of those single-coil sized humbuckers, if anyone has any good suggestions for those, I'm lsitening.

They need to be passive.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
bareknuckle pickups if you have the cash.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just got a great idea! i think i might want to set up a blog somewhere because i have a lot of great ideas to share. would you guys read it if i did?
trolling the pit since Aug 09^
Anyone else got anything?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
you're not getting a single coil-sized humbucker from bareknuckle. You'll have to look elsewhere for the neck pickup.

do you want to replace the middle, too? what kind of budget? what do you mean by metal? etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I really see no reason why anyone makes posts which are just "Bareknuckles", "get a set of Seymour Duncans", etc. How the hell does that help anyone?

Anyway, my particular choice for an HSS guitar for hard rock (with a bit of flexibility either way for a little metal and a little classic rock/blues - I see no reason not to have a bit of versatility!) would be a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge (in my mind, the hot rodded humbucker - none of that JB model crap) and either a Cool Rails wired in parallel or a Classic Stack wired normally in the middle. For the neck my top choice would be a Cool Rails with a switch to change from series to parallel wiring, or if you don't want to mess around with switches I think hard wiring a Cool Rails in series is the more useful way to go.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
That's what I was looking for Flibble. Thanks.

Also, just a curiosity....

Could I put an EMG 81 in the bridge wired to one volume pot, and then connect the two other pickups to another volume pot, and have them wired to the same output jack?

Sorry... I suck at wiring stuff (and understanding it...)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Alot of people ask what pickups blah blah blah...

But what you should also tell us is budget. Seymour Duncans are going to empty your pockets some, when GFS pickups aren't going to do that as much. Go on SD's site and look up some products you might like. Then go to youtube.com and watch some videos with them in them. Then go to guitarfetish.com and look at some of their pickups, repeat the youtube step. Then decide whether price is an issue or not. Before you buy anything you should make sure you know everything about them. Don't buy based on name, or because their cheap for that matter.

Buy because you know what your getting and that you KNOW what it is going to sound like.

Look at a bunch of different sites! But remember that SD probably is the most reputable though.

My 2 cents...

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by OctoberWind
Alot of people ask what pickups blah blah blah...

But what you should also tell us is budget. Seymour Duncans are going to empty your pockets some, when GFS pickups aren't going to do that as much. Go on SD's site and look up some products you might like. Then go to youtube.com and watch some videos with them in them. Then go to guitarfetish.com and look at some of their pickups, repeat the youtube step. Then decide whether price is an issue or not. Before you buy anything you should make sure you know everything about them. Don't buy based on name, or because their cheap for that matter.

Buy because you know what your getting and that you KNOW what it is going to sound like.

Look at a bunch of different sites! But remember that SD probably is the most reputable though.

My 2 cents...

That's why I have a thread here. I don't think I can get good sound quality from YouTube, so it's hard to base the sound of pickups from it. Also, I should have said it in my first post, I'm not basing my pickups on my budget, I'm basing the budget on the pickups. I wish I could play all the pickups through my rig, but I think the next best thing is talking to people who know what they're talking about.

I was thinking about SD, and my friend told me I should try some Dimarzios, so I'm just seeing what you guys think.

Thanks for the reply.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Your right! UG is the place to go to for this. Just not the place to sell my MG cab
but yes, I have a buddy who just ordered some Dimarzios and he seems pretty excited about them. I ve heard them in some other guitars and was pretty impressed with them.

What amp are you going to run these through?
If its a SS modeler, you won't need the higher output. But with a tube amp, you might, dependent on how much gain you can pump out.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by MrFlibble
I really see no reason why anyone makes posts which are just "Bareknuckles", "get a set of Seymour Duncans", etc. How the hell does that help anyone?

yeah, i agree.

you should also consider boutique US-based manufacturers, or at least the duncan custom shop. From what i hear, they're quite a bit better (though i haven't tried them myself).

EDIT: you haven't really told us what type of music you play yet.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i agree.

you should also consider boutique US-based manufacturers, or at least the duncan custom shop. From what i hear, they're quite a bit better (though i haven't tried them myself).

EDIT: you haven't really told us what type of music you play yet.

Well, I think this gonna be a guitar for metal. I suck at sub-genre-izing stuff, But bands like All That Remains, BFMV, Becoming the Archetype, stuff like that. But I think I'm just gonna do some filling and routing and convert into an H H, then throw soma EMG's in it. I'm completley re-doing this guitar. I've alread re-sculpted the bevels for better upper-fret access. It's gonna be sick...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
ah, i don't know BTA, but the other two are metalcore, far as i'm aware. standard br00talz, as i understand it, anyway. EMGs would probably work, yeah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I really see no reason why anyone makes posts which are just "Bareknuckles", "get a set of Seymour Duncans", etc. How the hell does that help anyone?QUOTE]

there are more than one style of pickups. i don't know TS so i don't know what style of pickup. i'm just giving him a possible direction to go in.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just got a great idea! i think i might want to set up a blog somewhere because i have a lot of great ideas to share. would you guys read it if i did?
trolling the pit since Aug 09^
I like a Dimarzio Air Norton S for the neck pup. Super Distortion for the bridge, and take your pick for the middle. I haven't tried any of the Dimarzio stacked humbuckers except for the Air Norton S, but I've liked pretty much every Dimarzio I've tried. I'd say any medium output one would do.
I'm a Duncan guy personally but Dimarzios sound good to my ears as well. There is a lot of hate out there for the JB but its hot and raw which is the metal sound IMO. If its too piercing for you my next choice of bridge pup is the Custom Custom. Neck I'm a 59 guy. If you want to go actives check out the Blackouts. I dont really care for actives but I much prefer the Blackouts to EMGs.